Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme Brass?

Demus319

I’ve used it with great results. Primer pockets are the right size. Flash holes are uniform. Presently at about 10 reloads on a batch of 1000 with no noticeable wear. 38 special brass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check all Xtreme brass for a ledge inside. If it’s there throw it in the trash before it separates and leaves half the case in your cylinder. They no longer produce the stepped cases but did for quite some time. FM is same company

31 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Check all Xtreme brass for a ledge inside. If it’s there throw it in the trash before it separates and leaves half the case in your cylinder. They no longer produce the stepped cases but did for quite some time. FM is same company

^^^ This ^^^

Worst brass since someone decided to put small primers in 45 ACP.

I now inspect 9mm brass closely after I clean it in order to weed out the stepped cases.

28 minutes ago, Glock021 said:

^^^ This ^^^

Worst brass since someone decided to put small primers in 45 ACP.

I now inspect 9mm brass closely after I clean it in order to weed out the stepped cases.

Well you need to run all of that FM past a magnet, since they are not making stepped anymore they have some that is brass washed steel cases.

I bought a batch of SIG Brass in 9mm, and have been beyond thrilled with it's performance in 929.   no sticky extractions, easy to resize.  I'm on 5 reloads now with some of it, and no split cases or anything else.   I'm using .040 moonclips and the rounds are firm and have very little wiggle room.