Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot a 320 X5 Legion today!

VU2AKILL

20 hours ago, Paul49 said:

Won’t be available in California except in private party transfer from an eligible purchaser, such as law enforcement. Then the “mark-up” doubles the price.

226 SAOs go for $1900-2100 in California and are very hard to find.

I have read you can buy the grip shell separate so if you can buy an X5 and a grayguns trigger kit you could have the same or better.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

Does your local shop have a web presence?  Or willing to ship?

I went by this morning to check it out and they said it was sold already.  Apparently it went within the first hour of opening on Saturday.   They are expecting another sig shipment this week so perhaps they will get another.  It’s palmetto state armory.  They have a large online business.  Not sure if it’s avaulable online or not. 

The new 320 Legion has a tungsten matrix blended in the polymer making it significantly heavier than the standard 320 frames. Cool idea for a polymer competition gun.

Now that’s worthy of researching!

Neat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won’t be available in California except in private party transfer from an eligible purchaser, such as law enforcement. Then the “mark-up” doubles the price.

226 SAOs go for $1900-2100 in California and are very hard to find.

So if I bought one you’d pay me $1600 to $2K for it???

Wow...

11 hours ago, rad-dude said:

For those that are interested....

66410488-1391755844305390-54609785810248

Interesting...so I may need to remove the grip weight to get the magwell configuration under 45oz... (IDPA)

11 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Probably not since you'll be using short mags ? Or doesidpa allow 23 round mags. Thought it was 10 rounds

Nope, 10 round mags. The weight in that pic is without the magwell. Unless the magwell weighs under 2.5oz, I'll be over.

Hello: You can use the 17 round mags in IDPA but only load them to 10. With just one reload in IDPA why do you need the magwell? Maybe remove the grip weight and magwell and use a tungsten guide rod would be my choice if it will make weight. Thanks, Eric

4 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: You can use the 17 round mags in IDPA but only load them to 10. With just one reload in IDPA why do you need the magwell? Maybe remove the grip weight and magwell and use a tungsten guide rod would be my choice if it will make weight. Thanks, Eric

Tungsten guide rods are illegal in IDPA.

Any idea what the Legion weighs without a mag or magwell? My factory 21 round mags weigh 3.7 oz with TTI basepad if anyone is curious. I’ve got my X5 built with a SSI heavy grip and GG recoil rod. It’s not as heavy as the Legion and it won’t even with the tungsten guide rod. I’m sitting at 41.13 oz using my current setup. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, GJM said:

I emailed and GGI confirmed their current competition trigger will work with the X5 Legion. 

The Legion X5 trigger is already lightened compared to the previous model, so I'm curious how the GGI trigger will affect the newest model.

Well I will say one thing.. Trying to find one of these is crazy atm.  Seems there were a lot of pre-orders across the major stores so their first shipments were already spoken for.

37 minutes ago, BillR1 said:

I just weighed mine... 43.93oz with the DPP, magwell, and empty mag

So that’s running as open because of the magwell with the dot, right?

Does this mean you could pull the magwell, add a tungsten rod to be crazy, and just make weight for CO?

8 minutes ago, mellino19 said:

So that’s running as open because of the magwell with the dot, right?

Does this mean you could pull the magwell, add a tungsten rod to be crazy, and just make weight for CO?

No, but it fits in IDPA CO

Well I was lucky enough to pick up one today and here are my first impressions.

Grip -  The extra weight makes the entire gun feel solid.  There is a grip weight installed and I assume that it is the same as the standard x5.  The stippling feels slightly more aggressive than any other X series grip I have held.  Not sure if it is aggressive enough though.  I love the new Grey color.

Trigger - Its actually the best X series trigger I have felt.  Pull weight is right around 3 3/4#s.  Smooth and crisp.  Minimal pre-travel.  Compared to my X5 with the Greys installed, it is about 1/2# heavier and the reset is longer.  I think the reset is where Sig missed the mark.  It isn't terrible, but not on par with the Grey's kit.  I was easily able to run.16 to .17 splits.

Lock Up-  Not as good as the original X5.  While it doesn't effect accuracy, I think some will think its a step backwards.  The pre-tension lock up on the original X5 is gone.  Again, accuracy wise, it is on par with the original X5.

Slide Finish - Don't expect it to hold up well.  Mine is already starting to show some signs of holster wear after 1 practice session.

Shooting impressions-  This gun shoots soo soft.  I couldn't believe the difference the extra weight made to the platform.  The gun returns very well shot to shot.  Shooting controlled pars, the Legion  shot tighter groups for me and felt a lot better overall compared to the original X5.  I felt the gun shot best with the included 12# spring.  My reloads were in the 129PF range.

Other notes-  The top of the barrel has a visual loaded chamber indicator hole.  Between this new "feature" and the fact that the delta point sits closer to the chamber, be ready to keep lens cleaning wipes handy.  I lens quickly collects carbon.  

That's it for now.  I have a second Legion being delivered tomorrow to my FFL.  I will let you know if I notice any difference between the samples.

Edited by jrn1975

9 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

Well I was lucky enough to pick up one today and here are my first impressions.

Grip -  The extra weight makes the entire gun feel solid.  There is a grip weight installed and I assume that it is the same as the standard x5.  The stippling feels slightly more aggressive than any other X series grip I have held.  Not sure if it is aggressive enough though.  I love the new Grey color.

Trigger - Its actually the best X series trigger I have felt.  Pull weight is right around 3 3/4#s.  Smooth and crisp.  Minimal pre-travel.  Compared to my X5 with the Greys installed, it is about 1/2# heavier and the reset is longer.  I think the reset is where Sig missed the mark.  It isn't terrible, but not on par with the Grey's kit.  I was easily able to run.16 to .17 splits.

Lock Up-  Not as good as the original X5.  While it doesn't effect accuracy, I think some will think its a step backwards.  The pre-tension lock up on the original X5 is gone.  Again, accuracy wise, it is on par with the original X5.

Slide Finish - Don't expect it to hold up well.  Mine is already starting to show some signs of holster wear after 1 practice session.

Shooting impressions-  This gun shoots soo soft.  I couldn't believe the difference the extra weight made to the platform.  The gun returns very well shot to shot.  Shooting controlled pars, the Legion  shot tighter groups for me and felt a lot better overall compared to the original X5.  I felt the gun shot best with the included 12# spring.  My reloads were in the 129PF range.

Other notes-  The top of the barrel has a visual loaded chamber indicator hole.  Between this new "feature" and the fact that the delta point sits closer to the chamber, be ready to keep lens cleaning wipes handy.  I lens quickly collects carbon.  

That's it for now.  I have a second Legion being delivered tomorrow to my FFL.  I will let you know if I notice any difference between the samples.

Thanks for the informative post. The shooting impression part was exactly what I was looking for. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:09 AM, Chui said:

So if I bought one you’d pay me $1600 to $2K for it???

Wow...

Chui, you would have to live in California for that to work. The California DOJ has a roster of guns approved for sale in the state. Manufacturers have to submit multiple samples to the DOJ for safety testing and there are other requirements such as loaded chamber indicator, etc. There may even be a micro stamping requirement for new entries. Gen 3 are the last Glocks approved for sale to the general public. Only LEO and similar can buy off roster guns, such as Gen 4 or 5 Glocks, all P320 models, etc. These privileged few are then allowed to sell to the public through private party transfers via LGS FFL. All that malarkey severely limits supply, so prices go up drastically for “off roster” guns.

Edited by Paul49