Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
GregInAtl

550b Spent Primer Catcher Chute

Does anyone have a suggestion what to use for a pin to hold the primer catcher chute assembly together and where is the best place to get it. I would prefer to not have to contact Dillon to get one. RIght now I am using picture hanging wire (see picture)

20190628_230203.jpg.17fb43c0d0d9b15acfd69f7f4279d74f.jpg

I replaced mine with an industrial strength paper clip.  It been in place for several years now.  I tried other things (like a small cotter pin) but the trimmed paper clip has worked the best.

I believe I replaced mine with a large paper clip as well and trimmed it 1/4" on each side and pour a bend in it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mine has a finishing nail in it cut to length. head is a bit bigger than hole, other side got a dab of glue,,  been that way a long time

I also use a large paper clip. Cheap replacement and perfect diameter for the hole.

I was able to a bag full of cotter pins a hair large (diameter) than original, drilled it, and replace it every so often.

I use a piece of chrome plated wire. I cut it of a large safety pin. The ends a bent

at 90 degree angles.

I'm now using half of a large safety pin.  It's working better than the piece of paper clip I had going, which had binding issues.  The UniqueTek spent primer catcher with the tube is also pretty nifty.

I drilled and tapped my catch with a hose fitting and some tubing i had at work. in total cost 0

The tubing and fitting should be pretty cheap if you have a tap already

safety pin and put a small magnet on the top of the funnel to act as a counterweight to help it close when not at the bottom of the cycle.