Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New factory slides released

terrydoc

Can anyone machine a RDS lower on the slide?  SIG should just sell the pieces and allow the shooter to put it together his/her way, would eliminate extra costs and leftover parts.

They're ugly, but this solves a problem I've been having, if I'm reading the USPSA rules correctly.

Now I can leave my X5 slide with iron sights, add an optic to this new monstrosity, and readily switch between Production and CO without having to reinstall and re-zero sights all the time.

These are legal in USPSA production/carry optics?  According to the rules I can replace the slide with one that has the same length, caliber and contour. The contour thing I don't get, these slides don't look like very much like the originals.

On 6/29/2019 at 1:33 PM, BelRiose said:

Though I'd prefer it if they just sold the X5 slide separately...

You can buy whole X5 slide assembly online for like $500 but another $100+ or so and you get the whole gun.

This slide also isn't compatible with the X5 bull barrel (I asked on IG and Sig replied saying no).

This is aimed specifically at standard P320s. Kinda looks like competition for all the crazy G17 and G19 slides that are all tacticool.

13 hours ago, ajblack said:

These are legal in USPSA production/carry optics?  According to the rules I can replace the slide with one that has the same length, caliber and contour. The contour thing I don't get, these slides don't look like very much like the originals.

CO yes, production no. 

17 hours ago, mellino19 said:

This is aimed specifically at standard P320s. Kinda looks like competition for all the crazy G17 and G19 slides that are all tacticool.

I also see M17 slides for sale for 450-500 which included barrel and recoil assembly so that might be a better option if you're just looking for an optics compatible P320 upper.