Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 MPX coming, now to trick it out!!

Hello PCC shooters. Well looks like I'm here in PCC for a while and so I jumped in and upgraded to an MPX Gen 3 Competition model. I am currently shooting an ATI mil spec with a Hiperfire 24c trigger,Magwell, MBX muzzle brake and KYN buffer. It has been completely reliable and shoots well with loads I have worked for it but the MPX seems to shoot so much smoother and softer. I am looking at the Taran Tactical magwell,mag extension and AR stock tube  conversion for the first round of upgrades. If anyone has some experience that they would like to share with additional/other worthwhile upgrades I will greatly appreciate it, thank you.

Congrats! 

Dont forget get to upgrade the charging handle. I got a raptor on my 8” and an NLA on my PCC model and I can tell you that the raptor has less up and down play compared to the NLA. Another worthwhile upgrade is the Odin Works mag release for the mpx. 

3 minutes ago, George16 said:

Congrats! 

Dont forget get to upgrade the charging handle. I got a raptor on my 8” and an NLA on my PCC model and I can tell you that the raptor has less up and down play compared to the NLA. Another worthwhile upgrade is the Odin Works mag release for the mpx. 

Great, thanks. Will look into!

5 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

I'm hoping the Timney trigger is good enough out if the box for now....

It is. I haven’t replaced mine yet. 

Then again, I’m spoiled with the Hiperfire eclipse in my 8” gen 2. 

What optic are you going to use?

3 minutes ago, George16 said:

It is. I haven’t replaced mine yet. 

Then again, I’m spoiled with the Hiperfire eclipse in my 8” gen 2. 

What optic are you going to use?

I have an aluminum body Cmore Railway clickswitch with 6 moa. I'm currently using a polymer body 4 moa on my ATI. It has an AGL defense quick detach mount and sits just right for me.

Great choice! MPX Gen 3 really requires few upgrades, some minor changes I've made to mine:

• TTI magwell
  • TTI buffer tube extension
  • TTI +11 magazine extensions 
  • Hiperfire ECLIPSE
  • BCM pistol grip and stock (matches the furniture on my AR) 
  • Leupold LCO 
  • 45 degree offset mount with secondary Leupold DPP
  • Radian Raptor charging handle

Having said that, the only thing you really need is the magwell, as the stock parts on it are already pretty nice. 

Edited by mtruong
31 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

I have an aluminum body Cmore Railway clickswitch with 6 moa. I'm currently using a polymer body 4 moa on my ATI. It has an AGL defense quick detach mount and sits just right for me.

Thats great! I’m also using a Cmore railway polymer body click switch with 6moa on both of my MPX s. 

By by the way, since you’re going to use TTIs AR stock conversion, I recommend an MFT minimalist stock. I have them on both of my MPX s. It’s light and both are set up identically.

5 minutes ago, George16 said:

Thats great! I’m also using a Cmore railway polymer body click switch with 6moa on both of my MPX s. 

By by the way, since you’re going to use TTIs AR stock conversion, I recommend an MFT minimalist stock. I have them on both of my MPX s. It’s light and both are set up identically.

Thanks. I'll have to look into the Minimalist stock. Never tried one. Most likely going to go with a mil-spec tube diameter. Seems like there's at least as many or more choices than with a commercial tube. I picked up a Holosun 510c but despite all the hype I went back to the Cmore. I'm just more familiar with it I guess. Probably put the 510c for sale at some point.

18 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

So the grip is compatible with a standard AR? Another fellow recommended using a Taccom buffer ,anybody have experience with that?

Yes. The grip that came with it is basically a modified magpul moe.

As for the taccom buffer, I recommend against it because the bcg  on the new PCC is different from the gen 1 and 2. The rear end of the bcg has been cut to accept the tapered end of the recoil pad. The stock recoil pad actually slides into the rear end of the BCG by about 1/8”. 

The taccom buffer is not tapered. however,  I know it will work since I have it on my gen 2 sbr and swapped the lower to the PCC model just to try it. I also cut off one coil of the wave spring to facilitate easy removal of the upper from the lower. The taccom buffer works well with themes BCG but I don’t know if there will be any long term detrimental effect. I had since removed it from my gen 2 and installed a new recoil pad (black pad from PCC model) so I can swap lower since I have the Hiperfire eclipse trigger on it.

Edited by George16
2 hours ago, George16 said:

Yes. The grip that came with it is basically a modified magpul moe.

As for the taccom buffer, I recommend against it because the bcg  on the new PCC is different from the gen 1 and 2. The rear end of the bcg has been cut to accept the tapered end of the recoil pad. The stock recoil pad actually slides into the rear end of the BCG by about 1/8”. 

The taccom buffer is not tapered. however,  I know it will work since I have it on my gen 2 sbr and swapped the lower to the PCC model just to try it. I also cut off one coil of the wave spring to facilitate easy removal of the upper from the lower. The taccom buffer works well with themes BCG but I don’t know if there will be any long term detrimental effect. I had since removed it from my gen 2 and installed a new recoil pad (black pad from PCC model) so I can swap lower since I have the Hiperfire eclipse trigger on it.

Thank you for sharing the knowledge. Any reliability parts worth swapping out from the get go or keeping on hand as backup?

Speaking of tricking out, I picked up my MPX Competition yesterday and I want to install Odin mag releases. Does anyone have an instruction set?

BTW, trigger on mine sucks. Heavy and gritty break, I'll have to put something else in there unless it breaks in.

22 hours ago, YVK said:

Speaking of tricking out, I picked up my MPX Competition yesterday and I want to install Odin mag releases. Does anyone have an instruction set?

BTW, trigger on mine sucks. Heavy and gritty break, I'll have to put something else in there unless it breaks in.

Dump that Timney 

2 hours ago, Rolex said:

Dump that Timney 

So other than the Hiperfire 24c is there a proven,reliable ,long-term durable better trigger out there for the Gen 3 MPX. Are the 24c s  not causing any issue to itself or the carbine running in the MPX?