Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 - low profile slide release options

random_guy7531

Hey all - so between shooting area 1 and a class almost immediately following the match, I've wound up with a pretty nasty blister/wound on my weak hand just below my thumb due to rubbing from the slide release. I wanted to check and see if anyone knew of a low profile/different geometry release (or just a modification to the existing release) that can alleviate this problem. For whatever its worth, I am shooting carry optics so the replacement part doesn't have to be super functional/ergonomic like it would in production.

Thanks in advance!

41 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Just take a dremel to your current one. Then hit it with some cold blue and run it.

In general, I try to see if there is a non-destructive option before I bust out a grinding wheel and go to town :). Point taken though, especially considering a new replacement is really quite cheap.

I know this probably goes without saying but if you are going to try that, (and I would), order a new one first, have it on hand, and make sure it works, before grinding on one, just in case. 

4 hours ago, random_guy7531 said:

So I talked with some friends and evidently the slide release from the CZ RAMI is compatible with the Shadow 2 - I've ordered one of those and will give it a try. Otherwise, Ill bust out the Dremel and try  GMP's suggestion.

I tried this and it does not work the same without modifications that are difficult to do correctly.  Looking at the Rami part I have, the issue is the dimension from the rear of the lever to the spring retention slot at the end is longer.  This causes the lever to sit off the frame when it's captured, and there is barely any contact from the post(also slightly different shape)  to the mag follower.  You would have to recut the retention slot.  You could live with it sticking out slightly and not locking back most of the time but why bother?   I hacked mine up trying but didn't like the result.  Until an aftermarket or alternate CZ part is available just mod the stocker, it's fine then.  All you need to do is get rid of that first protrusion step and all is well.

Have you

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:28 AM, slavex said:

there are new Rami style slidestops available from the usual sources in Europe that are actually designed for the 2. The first batch were wrong, but that has been fixed. 

You've recently bought one and it works?  I ordered one back in April from Cesar-Shop but it didn't work.  If they have truly fixed it, I'd be interested