Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with a gun dilemma.

Ken81590

The scoring advantage of major pf in USPSA is significant. You'll always be at a disadvantage shooting minor all other things being equal. If you are there just there to have fun then it's a moot point, but if you actually want to compete even at a club level you'll likely need a 40cal gun. A Glock 35 is plenty competitive as a gun for Limited so if you're basically getting a free one that's not a bad plan.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, Limited minor is an excercise in frustration.  Everytime you think you burned down a stage, you'll get spanked on points because everybody else is losing half as many points as you on Charlies and Deltas.  Everytime you shoot good points, you'll get wrecked on time because everybody else can shoot Charlies while moving while you have to post up for Alphas on partial targets.  Maybe get a MOS Glock and stick a dot on it?  Carry Optics seems to be the only hi-cap division where you can shoot minor and actually have fun (PCC doesn't count).

Edited by Tanders

11 hours ago, Tanders said:

Yeah, Limited minor is an excercise in frustration.  Everytime you think you burned down a stage, you'll get spanked on points because everybody else is losing half as many points as you on Charlies and Deltas.  Everytime you shoot good points, you'll get wrecked on time because everybody else can shoot Charlies while moving while you have to post up for Alphas on partial targets.  Maybe get a MOS Glock and stick a dot on it?  Carry Optics seems to be the only hi-cap division where you can shoot minor and actually have fun (PCC doesn't count).

Thank you. I think I'm going to get the G35 MOS, but start out in production with my SP-01 just to get a feel for the sport, then decide from there if I want to build the G35 for limited, or throw a 9MM barrel in and go for Carry Optics. 

Thanks for everyone's help.

Edited by Ken81590

You might want to check on whether they allow caliber conversion barrels in Carry Optics.  I know they are prohibited in Production, but not sure about CO.  Can't keep up with all the rule changes and clarifications.

1 hour ago, Ken81590 said:

Thank you. I think I'm going to get the G35 MOS, but start out in production with my SP-01 just to get a feel for the sport, then decide from there if I want to build the G35 for limited, or throw a 9MM barrel in and go for Carry Optics. 

Thanks for everyone's help.

Yep, conversion barrel not legal

23 hours ago, elguapo said:

Why, because I state a fact?

No, because this is a chat group - and if everyone checked elsewhere, including

our Search capability, very few discussions would open up - everybody would

know the answer to almost everything.

Perfectly fine, IMHO, to ask Anything - the answer might have changed since

the last posting - people might have additional information, or different opinions.

It's a Good Thing to ask questions on a Chat Group.    :) 

That being said, you should stick with Production with the SP-01.  Your confidence will be unstoppable when you know that you can do slick and tasty reloads on demand without a magwell!  Women will want you, men will want to be you, your kids will have a newfound respect for you, and your boss will seek your advice in all critical decisions.  Production is where it's at!

40 minutes ago, Tanders said:

That being said, you should stick with Production with the SP-01.  Your confidence will be unstoppable when you know that you can do slick and tasty reloads on demand without a magwell!  Women will want you, men will want to be you, your kids will have a newfound respect for you, and your boss will seek your advice in all critical decisions.  Production is where it's at!

+1

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

6 hours ago, Tanders said:

Say no more, I'm sold. Haha.

Those Glocks that are shipped with CA-compliant 10-round mags also come with a stick that you can use you to keep all the women at bay if you decide to shoot the gun in Production!