Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 stations vs. 8

For those who have experience with both a Mk7 and a 1050:

How has the extra two stations affected your process?

Are they a big deal for you or something that is just nice to have and you could have gotten by with 8?

My experience is limited to the five stations on a 650.

Thanks

When automating, you need one extra to have room for powder sensor.

And one more is nice to have separate flare die.

In 1050 the priming station is doing just priming, on Mark 7 you can do something else with it. I am using it for sizing.

My setup on Mark 7 Evolution Pro:

1. Case feed
2. Decapping (Mighty Armory decapping die -- very strong, goes even through berdans...)

3. Swage

4. Resize & prime

5. Flare

6. Powder measure

7. Powder check

8. Bullet feed

9. Bullet seat

10. Crimp

In my case it provides the possibility to add a trimmer to the process so I should be able load 223 in one pass.

.............Only problem is that Mark 7 cannot deliver the trimmers yet! The delay is way, way too long. I like the product but the delays and unresponsiveness I've experienced so far are a real problem.

(And the Dillon trimmer is too wide, otherwise I would have gone down that road long ago)

Edited by RGA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/29/2019 at 8:22 AM, RGA said:

In my case it provides the possibility to add a trimmer to the process so I should be able load 223 in one pass.

.............Only problem is that Mark 7 cannot deliver the trimmers yet! The delay is way, way too long. I like the product but the delays and unresponsiveness I've experienced so far are a real problem.

(And the Dillon trimmer is too wide, otherwise I would have gone down that road long ago)

honey badget and bosch router too wide as well?

Hi Laxman,

MK7 delivered the trimmer (which is based on a Bosch router). It sits in station 3 on my manual Evo.

It gets very crowded on the toolhead. I had to 'modify/butcher the Dillon exhaust manifold to squeeze it in between the other dies. Also the toolhead is now so heavy that the main spring cannot keep it in the top (idle) position. It sinks about an inch.

The trimmer is a ***** to adjust but when that is done it will trim very well!

Pic is without the exhaust manifold

Mark 7 Evo eindelijk compleet!.jpg

Edited by RGA

16 hours ago, Yondering said:

RGA - is your trim die a Dillon or something else? I've been looking into press mounted trimmers lately but haven't bought anything yet. 

Hi Yondering,

That is correct. The MK7 kit came with a Dillon trim die and Dillon exhaust manifold

Chrs,

RGA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...