Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of trigger break do you prefer in your competition Glock?

nick779

I’ve tried a lot of different triggers, connectors, you name it. TTI, Johnny Glock, ghost, Zev, and a few others. You have to decide what you like as there’s something good and bad about all of them. I can tell you I would not spend the money on a trigger set up. You can get pretty good results from watching Johnny Glocks you tube videos, and changing parts.  He should charge for the info he gives away. If you want a rolling break nothing is better than a TTI connector, what I didn’t like about it was it didn’t break  until you were almost to the end of travel, but reset was short. The most crisp break was the Glock 5.5 connector, you hit a wall and then break, but of course now your up to about 4 to 5 lbs. after years of shooting a Glock34 gen3 I’ve come complete circle. The best connector IMHO, is the Glock dot. You have a wall if you want, but not so much that you can’t pull smooth right through it. On hard, and long shots you can pull to the wall and have a pretty nice break. On close stuff just pull through. I have the same pull weight as a minus connector, 3lbs. This is with a standard trigger spring, and a 4.5 striker spring. Good luck. Oh yeah the best smooth connector after TTI is the Glock   Minus. When it comes to connectors GlockKnows what their doing.        

Do the Johnny Glock competition triggers already have a rolling break, or do you have to get his custom trigger to get that style of break? I have more of a wall break on my g17 right now, but I want to try a rolling style break. I've seen one of his older videos when he was comparing the triggers he makes and that sub 3lbs trigger break got me interested. 

4 hours ago, j2_a2 said:

Do the Johnny Glock competition triggers already have a rolling break, or do you have to get his custom trigger to get that style of break? I have more of a wall break on my g17 right now, but I want to try a rolling style break. I've seen one of his older videos when he was comparing the triggers he makes and that sub 3lbs trigger break got me interested. 

Call him and discuss in detail how you want your trigger.

On 6/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, rooster said:

I’ve tried a lot of different triggers, connectors, you name it. TTI, Johnny Glock, ghost, Zev, and a few others. You have to decide what you like as there’s something good and bad about all of them. I can tell you I would not spend the money on a trigger set up. You can get pretty good results from watching Johnny Glocks you tube videos, and changing parts.  He should charge for the info he gives away. If you want a rolling break nothing is better than a TTI connector, what I didn’t like about it was it didn’t break  until you were almost to the end of travel, but reset was short. The most crisp break was the Glock 5.5 connector, you hit a wall and then break, but of course now your up to about 4 to 5 lbs. after years of shooting a Glock34 gen3 I’ve come complete circle. The best connector IMHO, is the Glock dot. You have a wall if you want, but not so much that you can’t pull smooth right through it. On hard, and long shots you can pull to the wall and have a pretty nice break. On close stuff just pull through. I have the same pull weight as a minus connector, 3lbs. This is with a standard trigger spring, and a 4.5 striker spring. Good luck. Oh yeah the best smooth connector after TTI is the Glock   Minus. When it comes to connectors GlockKnows what their doing.        

Its funny you should say that. I have all of the OEM Glock connectors and experienced the same thing. I keep flip flopping between the TTI and the dot.

My favorite setup so far is the TTI kit and an over travel stop. TTI has little to no wall and just moves right on through. If I have a trigger with a wall, I consistently pull the second shot down. 

On 7/9/2019 at 2:17 PM, tha1000 said:

How are you achieving this?  That’s what I would like. 

I achieved this by tti connector and spring kit, but use factory trigger return spring.