Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odin Works Zulu 2.0

I have a JP short stroke bolt and short stroke SCS on the way for my PCC build. Has anyone used this combination with the Odin ZULU 2.0 stock? My concern is the secondary spring in the buffer tube and if it will work with my bolt and buffer combo. 
I have it using the Taccom3g buffer with short stroke kit. It works OK but I have had issues. the screw that keeps the secondary buffer together and connected to the cap would always come loose. Also I feel like the secondary buffer negates some short stroke effects. So another shooter that was running it on his Limcat showed me that he just installed pistol buffer tube instead with the Odin stock piece and it ran way better for him.

I just replaced mine with a pistol tube and hopefully will try it out this weekend then at a local match next weekend.

I really like the Odin works stock, I did remove the secondary buffer from mine. I made a spacer to take up the space the secondary buffer occupied and this has run well for me and allowed me to adjust stroke length as short as I could and still get the trigger to reset.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:19 AM, SWprotected said:

I really like the Odin works stock, I did remove the secondary buffer from mine. I made a spacer to take up the space the secondary buffer occupied and this has run well for me and allowed me to adjust stroke length as short as I could and still get the trigger to reset.

Plus one on what he said......I love the stock, but that secondary cushion they put in is pretty much worthless. the spring is too weak and it compresses completely with just installing your spring and buffer in. You are much better off removing that crap and putting a solid spacer in. They had a good idea, just a crappy execution.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:41 AM, TRUBL said:

Plus one on what he said......I love the stock, but that secondary cushion they put in is pretty much worthless. the spring is too weak and it compresses completely with just installing your spring and buffer in. You are much better off removing that crap and putting a solid spacer in. They had a good idea, just a crappy execution.

This about sums it up.