Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best option for a Tanfo 170?

I see a few things around but what is everyone using for a 170 in their Tanfo? Specifically I am interested in using it in a 9mm Gold Team. I would also like the option of having it fit the gauge for IPSC Open as well as USPSA. Only options I see right now are the MBX (which I haven't heard great things about), a 38 Super 25 rounder from EAA which I'm not sure will feed 9mm and the +10 extension from TF. Just curious what everyone is running and how reliable they are. Thanks.

I'm using a Taylor Freelance right now for 9mm Major.  I have to use the factory follower, not a Gramms follower, to avoid excess tilt and nose-dive-type jams.  With the factory MecGar follower, I can get 27 in there pretty comfortably.  With the Gramms follower, I was getting another 2... but it didn't run 50% of the time, so that was worthless!  

I have had to gently bevel the bottom edge of the spacer at the rear of the mag tube, also.  I was getting salt-shaker jams where the rear edge of the follower got trapped/stuck under the spacer.  A few swipes with a file to put a 45 degree bevel (showing maybe 1-2mm of exposed steel - a small amount of material removal) seems to have resolved that issue.  

I only got my 9mm Major gun a couple of months ago, and the MBX Caspian mag has been out of stock the whole time - so I have nothing to say about that one.   

Mbx with 13 coil spring and TSO follower , eaa170 with TF spring and TSO or stock 2 follower also trim eaa feed lips to match the k9 will add to reliability in feeding. I ran both these in my 38sc gold team only ran 170s in matches