Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
alviorj

Czechmate front sight!!!

So, I just picked up my CM today. Got home and installed the slide racker, Cmore mount, Cmore, and thumbrest with ease.  Now the problem, it came on limited configuration, the front sight won’t seem to budge/turn from the limited barrel so I can replace it with the open barrel and compensator configuration. I was thinking to shoot 100 rounds, maybe it will help loosen it up. 

Any recommendations is welcome. Thanks.

Where the second barrel? It should have the second barrel for open and the on there barrel for limited.

The limited barrel is currently installed on the CM. I’m trying to remove the barrel but the  front sight wont turn to loosen it. I need to take out the  front sight from the barrel so I can replace it with the other barrel and install the compensator. Thanks.

E727F451-EF5B-4EA0-B584-BF1DD0F055A0.jpeg

I see what you mean now. Get a soldering iron or a small butane/propane torch to heat up and loosen the loctite. The previous owner probably used red loctite. Push it all the way forward of the slide. Clamp it in a vise but make sure you wrap it in layers of protective leather or rubber to prevent marring the surfaces.

Once you’re done removing it, I would recommend not using any loctite prior to installing the open barrel. It’s not needed and it will not loosen up.

I had same problem with one of my Czechmates.  If your gun was new from factory there is no Loctite on it.  The problem is the factory does not always do a great job of cleaning the threads on the barrels.  You may even find once you get the limited front sight block off that you run in to the same problem with the open set up.  You can use a set of soft jaws on your vice to hold the barrel and a leather pad between a wrench and the flats of the front sight block to get the limited configuration loose.  Once you do that get the proper size die and chase the threads on the barrel with the die using some oil.  Then clean after chasing the threads. Do this for both barrels and you will not have the problem any longer.

1 hour ago, Malibu13 said:

I had same problem with one of my Czechmates.  If your gun was new from factory there is no Loctite on it.  The problem is the factory does not always do a great job of cleaning the threads on the barrels.  You may even find once you get the limited front sight block off that you run in to the same problem with the open set up.  You can use a set of soft jaws on your vice to hold the barrel and a leather pad between a wrench and the flats of the front sight block to get the limited configuration loose.  Once you do that get the proper size die and chase the threads on the barrel with the die using some oil.  Then clean after chasing the threads. Do this for both barrels and you will not have the problem any longer.

You bought your gun in a do-it-yourself shop?😉

I put it in a vise but did not budge. I did not use a wrench thou. It I’m afraid that it would bend the barrel or slide. Lol. Just being careful. Thanks for the recommendations. I will bring it to a  gunsmith later. CZ USA wants me to send the whole gun to them. I have not even shot it yet.😞

13 minutes ago, alviorj said:

I put it in a vise but did not budge. I did not use a wrench thou. It I’m afraid that it would bend the barrel or slide. Lol. Just being careful. Thanks for the recommendations. I will bring it to a  gunsmith later. CZ USA wants me to send the whole gun to them. I have not even shot it yet.😞

that's better. send it to cz usa.

i know that ours cz distributor drilled many grip and thumb rest screws  because it was impossible remove them to change thumb rest and grips.

What’s the difference between the black and silver barrel. The black barrel was installed with the limited and the silver was paired with the compensator. Length are the same side by side. 

Thanks.