Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Floating Trigger Pin legal for IPSC Production?

scgun

17 minutes ago, xdf3 said:

Can you please explain what it does? I don't understand 

It has a recess in the middle that the trigger return spring sits into, keeping the pin centered.  It doesnt require a punch and hammer to drive out like the stock pin.  Much easier to replace a broken trigger return spring at the range, simply push it out, pop in new spring, push back in. 

* I first wrote no, but that's because I initially didn't consider it as part of the trigger assembly. I think of it as an ancillary or supporting piece.

Edited by rowdyb

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, rowdyb said:

* I first wrote no, but that's because I initially didn't consider it as part of the trigger assembly. I think of it as an ancillary or supporting piece.

It's an integral part of the trigger assembly.  Remove it and see how well the trigger works.

to me that's a leg bone connected to the head bone eventuality kind of reasoning. remove the hammer and see how well the trigger works. and yet i wouldn't call the hammer part of the trigger. their is a difference between something that is part of the mechanical chain in the fire control group or trigger mechanism and the trigger itself.

but again, it's only my opinion and worth what you paid for it. 😃

On 7/4/2019 at 3:09 PM, rowdyb said:

You’ve got race safeties and race hammers and race triggers and red dots and comps (those last two come as soon as someone bothers to ask DNROI if they can have them) in production now.

A race triggerpin is no sweat. Bolt a thumb rest on it - and a laser to the other side - and it’s probably still legal. Because replacement part.

I shoot IPSC and I’m pretty comfortable assuming that the trigger, trigger pin and TRS all come under “trigger assemblies”.

I think disco’s & hammers are a bit more of a stretch but there is a view that they are ok too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, rowdyb said:

to me that's a leg bone connected to the head bone eventuality kind of reasoning. remove the hammer and see how well the trigger works. and yet i wouldn't call the hammer part of the trigger. their is a difference between something that is part of the mechanical chain in the fire control group or trigger mechanism and the trigger itself.

but again, it's only my opinion and worth what you paid for it. 

IPSC allows aftermarket trigger assemblies.  Assemblies being the operative word that means "a group of interconnected parts that together perform a function".