Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
p7fl

Have the target lines changed?

Been an RO/CRO for 20+ years. Calling scores on Sunday, a USPSA target on a USPSA no shoot was a clear 2 Alphas and 1 NS.

A paster called to me no the NS had not broken the line. WOW. The hit was definitely ¾ of a 9mm hit. No question. Also, no question it didn’t touch the NS line.

With all the sports talk comments about how baseballs are tighter this year leading to more home runs….I wonder did the space become bigger when the B was removed.

No one had a camera handy and we had to move on.

Anyone else notice this?

I really can’t understand your description but I do know nothing has changed as far as perfs on the targets.

Where these official USPSA targets?

Could it be a one-off? Maybe because it was the no-shoot side perhaps the perf cutters hit at an angle for that batch or that particular target?

i have not heard of any official changes. 

I have not noticed any differences. Dimensions are still the same

1 hour ago, p7fl said:

The hit was definitely ¾ of a 9mm hit. No question. Also, no question it didn’t touch the NS line.

If as you say it had a 3/4 hit with a 9mm bullet (~ 0.26") it was on either a defective target or a non-approved target.   Per Appendix B-1, the USPSA Target has a 0.20" non-scoring border all around the target.

did you put an overlay on it? oftentimes the grease ring or hole won't touch the perf, but the overlay still will.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

did you put an overlay on it? oftentimes the grease ring or hole won't touch the perf, but the overlay still will.

Truth

The area inside the perf is the same. The nonscoring border outside the perf could be bigger or smaller based on how the manufacturer cuts the targets.

If you had 2" of nonscoring border the target would be the same size inside the perf.

17 minutes ago, NickBlasta said:

If you had 2" of nonscoring border the target would be the same size inside the perf.

But it will not be a USPSA approved target.