Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

510c mount choice

Letan84

Just got an entire Atlas open with their new 510C mount. I like mine. My buddy that just got an Akai transferred over his Tevo and had some issues with brass hanging under it. Example of one but considered no less. Not going to be a problem with the Atlas mount, its quite a bit lower. My only gripe and same on his Tevo, is with popple holes you get soot on the glass, it needs a deflector. Someone is making them, I made my own from aircraft aluminium. 

I had the tevo and had to move the mount one screw hole forward to keep 9mm brass from getting kicked back into the ejection port. The mount overhung the ejection port during cycling enough to cause problems in its proper installation position. By moving the mount forward one hole, I was having problems zeroing the optic.  I got the limcat and installed it using the appropriate screw holes.   the optic sits lower than the tevo and the ejection port is completely clear when the slide cycles.  I have had exactly zero jams due to brass getting flicked back into the chamber.  My only gripe is that the mount is very thick and bulky. 

20 hours ago, Mytmousemalibu said:

Just got an entire Atlas open with their new 510C mount. I like mine. My buddy that just got an Akai transferred over his Tevo and had some issues with brass hanging under it. Example of one but considered no less. Not going to be a problem with the Atlas mount, its quite a bit lower. My only gripe and same on his Tevo, is with popple holes you get soot on the glass, it needs a deflector. Someone is making them, I made my own from aircraft aluminium. 

TEVO makes them

2 hours ago, GetAwayDriva said:

I had the tevo and had to move the mount one screw hole forward to keep 9mm brass from getting kicked back into the ejection port. The mount overhung the ejection port during cycling enough to cause problems in its proper installation position. By moving the mount forward one hole, I was having problems zeroing the optic.  I got the limcat and installed it using the appropriate screw holes.   the optic sits lower than the tevo and the ejection port is completely clear when the slide cycles.  I have had exactly zero jams due to brass getting flicked back into the chamber.  My only gripe is that the mount is very thick and bulky. 

Did you order the correct mount, meaning  1 degree and zero degree mount?

I put about 150rds through the Atlas yesterday practicing and the new deflector is a huge improvement with keeping soot off the optic. It had just a trace after I was done but it was hardly noticeable. So it didn't cure that 100% but id say it's 90% better. Before I built/installed the shield it would be sooty enough into a 30rd field course to effect my ability to see & shoot. Im quite happy with that but I can see already that its a limited lifespan part. Theres some pretty stout errosion that's going to take place with an aluminium baffle. Its not directly over a popple hole but its close enough for unburned powder to impinge onto it. Already planning to make a replacement, possibly from inconel, monel or 6AL-4V Ti. I could also just put a wear face of it on the aluminum. 

Decisions, decisions...

my open gun has port very close to the barrel end , and it chips the edge of my signed side blast shield of my rts2 , With both standard size and wide frame size mount , so I got a double tap double side mount for rts2 that sit the dot tight middle of the slide took care of the problem ,  but now 510c gets more popular so kinda want to try , as the deal shop here gave me 2 , just now have to decide what mount I am going to use 

22 hours ago, Shmella said:

Limcat is the best mount. If you want reliable extraction and a good blast shield. It covers it all. Most sturdy too. 

Yep. I second every bit of this. I run one on my Atlas, it’s the best on the market.