Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr speed vs daa racers

urmaker45

Looking to buy either one of these to run limited. I’ve been highly recommended the cr speed just wondering what you guys think ? It will be for a 2011 and be ran on a daa belt . I’ve thought about the daa racemasters but I can’t get to the point of spending 60 per mag . 

Daa racers are what I use, they are adjustable, and you can run bullets out. I prefer bullets out and have not had any issues for about 2 years. They are installed on a Daa belt as well and fit perfect, nice and tight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Used to use the race masters, im a DAA fan. But my newest rig I put my previous racer pouches back on. They are just smoother,  the masters have metal to metal contact and can be draggy but the all plastic racers ars slick. Eventually ill get the Alpha X pouches to complement the holster. They are lined inside so they are slick and have the extra adjustability I like. Can't speak for the CR's but a lot of people run them. They must be pretty good too.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the racers a lot. I like them better than the race masters, price not withstanding.  I haven’t played with the alpha x pouches. 

I started with cr speed   They eventually got to the point where I couldn’t tighten them down enough to keep them from moving when I hit the pouches on reloads. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like the cr speed pouches.  To be honest, I actually have the clones of them... the JR Speed mag pouches.  At half the price, it's a no brainer.  They are super high quality, especially if you get the new style ones.  I got them when I was visiting the Philippines shooting the Bolo Cup (level 3 ipsc.  I sucked).  I paid about 30 bucks U.S.D.  

I know they ship worldwide.  Honestly man... you're not going to go wrong either way.  

kg  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ghost are the cheapest ones and release the smoothest IMO. 
Sure, if you eat it and land on one they make break, but for the price difference, you can buy 2 or 3 spares. 

I've never broken one in the 5 or 6 years I've used them though.

I'd vote CR of those choices.

I've had both, the thing with my racer is sometimes it would hang up just a bit and pull on my belt as I drew. It drove me crazy. I think as I grabbed the gun if I twisted it at all, it would bind up. I've know a few people to have a similar problem with DAA holsters. This can't happen with the CR-speed. I used the same CR-speed with a open glock, a open 2011 and a couple different limited 2011's.

I since switched back to kydex, because really the holster doesn't matter.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...