Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diamondback PCC DB9

I shot one for over a year.

Overall it was a great gun. 

I changed out the trigger to a Hiperfire right away. the MIL SPEC sucks

I changed out the buffer system to a blitzkrieg hydraulic and a flat spring 308. 

I loved it till I also bought a PSA AR9. I was having issues with the PSA ejector was not working right. I moved my DB9 bolt over to the psa and fubared it up as well. I had to order a new bolt and ejector from Diamond back. They sent them out under warranty. I moved the PSA bolt over to the DB9 (not compatible) I bent the ejector in both guns. Replaced the DB9 bolt and ejector and it ran like a top. 

I sold it for a sig MPX. If you are looking to get an AR9 and don't mind spending some more cash to change out and try out buffer and spring combos to find what works best for you, it is a great gun. I was new to pcc when I bought it and almost made A class in USPSA with it. 

Only other thing I had happen was I broke the firing pin spring. easy fix. 

There is NOT a magwell for the gun. the opening is slightly flared and if you practice you can get quick with the reloads. I had a buddy who was shooting a JP with a magwell on his, say I did the fastest mag change he had ever seen for someone with out a magwell. 

Edited by mstamper
6 hours ago, mstamper said:

I shot one for over a year.

Overall it was a great gun. 

I changed out the trigger to a Hiperfire right away. the MIL SPEC sucks

I changed out the buffer system to a blitzkrieg hydraulic and a flat spring 308. 

I loved it till I also bought a PSA AR9. I was having issues with the PSA ejector was not working right. I moved my DB9 bolt over to the psa and fubared it up as well. I had to order a new bolt and ejector from Diamond back. They sent them out under warranty. I moved the PSA bolt over to the DB9 (not compatible) I bent the ejector in both guns. Replaced the DB9 bolt and ejector and it ran like a top. 

I sold it for a sig MPX. If you are looking to get an AR9 and don't mind spending some more cash to change out and try out buffer and spring combos to find what works best for you, it is a great gun. I was new to pcc when I bought it and almost made A class in USPSA with it. 

Only other thing I had happen was I broke the firing pin spring. easy fix. 

There is NOT a magwell for the gun. the opening is slightly flared and if you practice you can get quick with the reloads. I had a buddy who was shooting a JP with a magwell on his, say I did the fastest mag change he had ever seen for someone with out a magwell. 

Thanks.