Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fixed rear sight for Stock II?

Slalom45

Does anyone make one?

Henning's has one listed but appears it's on perpetual backorder from the supplier. I have a Stock II on the way and would really prefer a fixed rear (with a bit wider notch) as that's what I've always used. Any suggestions appreciated.

The fixed rear replacements for the LPA supersights have been "in the works" for many years.  Unless you have one custom made, you may just have to learn to love the adjustable one.  

If your Stock 2 is going to be in 9mm, you likely won't have a problem with it.  If you're running major PF, it can give some difficulty.

One really important point about it - sometimes, the socket/hole for the elevation adjustment screw comes with or collects grease.  If you take the screw all the way out and clean out that hole, a little bit of loctite will keep the sight from losing adjustment.  If you don't clean it out, loctite does nothing.  

Any of you attempt to widen out the notch on the factory sight? I'm really more concerned about that than the adjustable aspect of it. I've always used more light around the sight and at 50 the eyes need it...

I have more than one Tanfoglio and the LPA  rear sight works well on them all.  Only problem I have had are the mounting screws coming loose. Just remove the adjustment not screw and locktite them in (I use blue and not red). 

Additionally eventually you will want to make a sight adjust.

Rather than make the rear wider get a narrower front site as in Dawson. Much simpler than filing away on the rear.

https://dawsonprecision.com/eaa-witness-match-fiber-optic-front-sights/

Edited by HesedTech

7 hours ago, ATLDave said:

What caliber/power factor have you been shooting?  

9mm in Stock 2 minor 130

40 SW Limited Custom major 170

BTW compared to my HK USP the Limited Custom is very soft shooting with same load. 

Edited by HesedTech

Yeah, I like my .40-bore Limited a lot.  I have broken a sight or two on it over the years (hinge pin at the front).  That's not uncommon with major PF, but it seems to hold up very well to 9mm.  Glad yours hasn't given you any trouble.  May be luck of the draw on the metallurgy of those pins.  I ended up replacing the pin with drill stock, hasn't broken since.