Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

56 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Florida    …    pretend I found an emoji of a Mickey Mouse.     🐀🐭

And, we all (most of us) speak English and take US $$$.    :)

And, you can bring your gun and shoot some USPSA while

you're here.     :cheers:

Lol. Aruba takes US dollars and the locals speak English.  Our dollar is approx 1.70-1.80 there.  😎 And I bring my firearm and shoot with apsc ( Aruba’s ipsc team ) 

Edited by Loudgp

8 hours ago, Dranoel said:

St Thomas.

Yuck. Nothing but a tourist trap. You can do everything you want to do in 1.5 days, and see more than you want to see in .5 days.

And, yes, this opinion is from experience. I've spent MONTHS working on that island.

Indonesia.

Bali is amazing and the islands surrounding it contain some very beautiful waters. The people are very friendly as its a mix of Hindus and Buddhists. They are kind and believe in karma in daily life. 

The food is amazing, and a few minutes out of any village are beautiful temples, waterfalls and beaches galore. Also some of the most popular surf spots on the planet....

Like Uluwatu.

And everything is cheap. 

Was just there for 3 weeks in May.

Will be going back for sure. 

Edited by JAG

53 minutes ago, JAG said:

Indonesia.

Bali is amazing and the islands surrounding it contain some very beautiful waters. The people are very friendly as its a mix of Hindus and Buddhists. They are kind and believe in karma in daily life. 

The food is amazing, and a few minutes out of any village are beautiful temples, waterfalls and beaches galore. Also some of the most popular surf spots on the planet....

Like Uluwatu.

And everything is cheap. 

Was just there for 3 weeks in May.

Will be going back for sure. 

Hows the language barrier? and what were costs like? 

Been to Bali many times and it’s great place to go. People speak English since it’s the medium of instruction in schools. It’s also the mostly spoken foreign language so they can cater to tourists better.

The hotels and resorts all Abe English speaking staff so you won’t have any problems communicating with them.

8 minutes ago, George16 said:

Been to Bali many times and it’s great place to go. People speak English since it’s the medium of instruction in schools. It’s also the mostly spoken foreign language so they can cater to tourists better.

The hotels and resorts all Abe English speaking staff so you won’t have any problems communicating with them.

Thanks... I'll have to check it out for the next trip... Any place special to stay while there? 

6 minutes ago, Loudgp said:

Thanks... I'll have to check it out for the next trip... Any place special to stay while there? 

Depends on what type of accommodations you want to get. They have tree houses, private villas, regular hotels and even bamboo houses in the jungle.

grand mirage is a huge hotel and Anvaya beach resort are right by the beach. The Royal Purnama has suites and villas. There’s a lot of other places to stay. Those three are just the places I stayed with when I was there.

Edited by George16

On 6/24/2019 at 4:33 AM, GrumpyOne said:

Yuck. Nothing but a tourist trap. You can do everything you want to do in 1.5 days, and see more than you want to see in .5 days.

And, yes, this opinion is from experience. I've spent MONTHS working on that island.

Thanks for living up to your name. 🙄

11 minutes ago, EEH said:

And you don’t have to worry about return flight !

Well, your loved ones will be worrying how to get you back in the least expensive way possible and will be looking for a good lawyer in filing a lawsuit on your family’s behalf 😝.

28 minutes ago, Dranoel said:

I Haiti when he does that.

For those not aware, Haiti is the Westward part of Hispaniola

and the DR is the rest of the island, on the Eastern two-thirds.

Strange that the 7 people who vacation in Haiti each year have reported

no problems, while 10 of the 10 million people who vacation annually

in the DR have died ????

23 hours ago, Matt1 said:

Bali is usually full of drunk, bogan Aussies emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😂😂😂😂

Yeah we met quit a few of them. 

Met a couple more that were drunk as well as very cool people. Gf talks to 2 if them daily since our return. 

Will be going to visit them in Adalaide in the fall we hope. 

• 3 months later...