Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
tswisher21

how short oal for cz

Hi I just bought a cz ts my blue bullets are way to long for the cz,my extreme bullets fit just fine. I would like to stick with coated bullets,I TRIED 1.10 and it was still to long to spin. The slide would hit it hard enough to chamber it so its close. How short did you need to go,with coated bullets? I am looking for what you did,please don't tell me to load the shorter until they spin.I am just interested in what works in YOUR cz.      Thanks Tim

It’s all dependent on the bullet you choose to use and it’s ogive shape. Load long and then just shorten a few thousands at a time until it pass plunk test. 

I loaded a few different types of coated for an accushadow. I was at 1.08-1.09 and they were good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1.08 to 1.09 is what works for me, loading mostly coated bullets from BBI, Brazos and others.

5 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

It depends on the bullet and it’s ogive shape. Load long and then just shorten a few thousands at a time until it passes The Plunk Test. 

:cheers:

4 hours ago, muncie21 said:

1.08 to 1.09 is what works for me, loading mostly coated bullets from BBI, Brazos and others.

I had loaded the same with blue and acme. 

I’m able to load Brazos 124gr a little longer because of their profile,it like others I have to load short.  Make sure you crono

I'd look into having your barrel reamed, I had the same problem and had to load way short.  Now I can load 125 blues to 1.150 all day, way worth the 50ish dollars to get the barrel done.  I was stuck in the 1.05ish OAL without.  

Thanks for your info. I just ordered a sample pack of Brazo's coated 124 gn bullets. Looks like I will be able to load these long. Tim

6 hours ago, tswisher21 said:

Thanks for your info. I just ordered a sample pack of Brazo's coated 124 gn bullets. Looks like I will be able to load these long. Tim

Get the chamber cut for a longer leade.

I’ve done my tanfo and all of my walthers, and those guns with similarly short factory chambers will take any bullet made out to 1.150” now.

I’ve throated a ton of CZ and Gen5 Glocks for friends. It’s never caused accuracy issues.

I can do it for you. So can numerous shops, such as Patriot Defense.

Otherwise, how long you can load depends ENTIRELY on the shape of that particular bullet:

278B1F80-B277-4117-9180-A3B384CBF86B.jpeg.ae30ba29524049ecdc54f49eeffe4bda.jpeg

29FE4221-9E56-4F54-B8EA-F1807A84C7E9.thumb.gif.886f5f0d08249d19d8a336edce7a838e.gif