Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
G-rant

Dillon Swager not working?!

Hey guys, my brand new swager doesn't work! I tried both the large and small swaging rods and of course the 30 cal locator rod, but the Lake City .308 once-fired sparkly clean military brass doesn't have its primer pocket reamed at all! The ridge is still there and primers do not seat after multiple swagings with both rods.

The rod is going the full stroke, it is properly adjusted and so is the little spacer block. It is also set screwed in place and adjusted for the lake city stuff. What's the deal?! I've looked everywhere, and posting here is my last resort. What idiot oversight am I making? Thanks guys. :wacko:

I assume your talking Dillon Super Swage 600?  I adjust mine by screwing the swaging rod in until it's tight on something like a Winchester case, then swage and see how the primers seat.  I will do fine adjustments from there.

If your having a problem just call Dillon.  I have made a few mistakes with Dillon reloading equipment and they walked me through it.

Thanks buddy, good news is that I'm just up the street from them. It'll get figured out somehow. God bless. :D

Any update? I'm curious as to what the issue was. I had a similar issue a while back with FC308 brass. I never resolved the issue just set the brass aside.

It's been a while since I had a Dillon swager but as I recall you had to make sure that the notch in the handle is oriented correctly.