Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams kit FKCMG-11 or FKC-11 in S2?

Trevor300wsm

**This is for my Shadow 2 using both CZ factory mags and Mecgar mags with Henning +5 basepads. **

This may be a dumb question, but I need some clarification. The Grams spring/follower kit FKCMG-11 says it’s for the Mecgar mags, but also will work on the “gen 2” 9/40 CZ mags with the CZ emblem on them. The FKC-11 says it’s for the factory CZ 9/40 mags. I currently have the FKCMG-11 installed in both a Mecgar mag and a factory CZ mag for my Shadow 2. What is the difference in the FKC and FKCMG kit? Are they interchangeable? The FKC-11 is in stock several places and the FKCMG-11 seems to be sold out everywhere. I just received 3 of the MG version, but I need 2 more. Will the non MG version work? 

Also, after installing the FKCMG-11 kit in both a Mecgar mag and a CZ mag, my slide does not lock back on either one now. Any guess as to why? This is with the Henning +5 basepad installed as well. 

Edited by Trevor300wsm

Generally the Gram's followers aren't designed to lock the slide back. I use the Gram's guts and Henning pads for Carry Optics with my Shadow 2 and they don't lock back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The package label on the FKCMG-11 Follower Kit reads as follows:

This "Follower Kit" includes: A "Grams Format" follower (CMG) & (11 coil) spring. For use in CZ "small frame" (75/SP01/Shadow2), 9mm mag, manufactured by Mec-Gar (tube marked "CZ-75-9mm"-17 round), or factory supplied mag (2nd gen, tube marked with "CZ" emblem, "9mm"-17 round, or "40"-12 round), that measure up to 145mm long (with a base pad attached). 

The package label on the FKC-11 Follower Kit reads as follows:

This "Follower Kit" includes: A "Grams Format" follower (C) & (11 coil) spring. For use in CZ "small frame" (75/SP01/Shadow2), factory supplied 9mm mag (1st gen, no markings, 16 or 18 round), that measure up to 145mm long (with a base pad attached).

The back of both of these labels reads as follows:

This "Follower Kit" is pre-tuned and requires no modifications for proper feeding function in a magazine tube of correct tolerances. The follower is designed for slide-lock function, but due to tolerance stacking of all of the slide lock system parts, modification of these parts may be necessary for proper slide lock function. Tuning of the mag tube may be required if the desired reliability or round count is not obtained. Do not hesitate to contact a qualified gun-smith or directly to www.GramsEngineering.com if assistance is needed.

As you can see, there is a difference in mag tubes, thus different kits. If the wrong kit is used, the follower may stop too high at the feed lips, or the follower will stop too low from the feed lip and fail to feed the last round. If you need help figuring out what type of tubes you have, give me a call at the number below, I will be happy to help.

27 minutes ago, TeamGE said:

The package label on the FKCMG-11 Follower Kit reads as follows:

This "Follower Kit" includes: A "Grams Format" follower (CMG) & (11 coil) spring. For use in CZ "small frame" (75/SP01/Shadow2), 9mm mag, manufactured by Mec-Gar (tube marked "CZ-75-9mm"-17 round), or factory supplied mag (2nd gen, tube marked with "CZ" emblem, "9mm"-17 round, or "40"-12 round), that measure up to 145mm long (with a base pad attached). 

The package label on the FKC-11 Follower Kit reads as follows:

This "Follower Kit" includes: A "Grams Format" follower (C) & (11 coil) spring. For use in CZ "small frame" (75/SP01/Shadow2), factory supplied 9mm mag (1st gen, no markings, 16 or 18 round), that measure up to 145mm long (with a base pad attached).

The back of both of these labels reads as follows:

This "Follower Kit" is pre-tuned and requires no modifications for proper feeding function in a magazine tube of correct tolerances. The follower is designed for slide-lock function, but due to tolerance stacking of all of the slide lock system parts, modification of these parts may be necessary for proper slide lock function. Tuning of the mag tube may be required if the desired reliability or round count is not obtained. Do not hesitate to contact a qualified gun-smith or directly to www.GramsEngineering.com if assistance is needed.

As you can see, there is a difference in mag tubes, thus different kits. If the wrong kit is used, the follower may stop too high at the feed lips, or the follower will stop too low from the feed lip and fail to feed the last round. If you need help figuring out what type of tubes you have, give me a call at the number below, I will be happy to help.

Thank you very much for the reply and info. 

• 2 years later...

I bought the FKC-11 kit for my S2 nickel plated mags because I thought the mags were factory CZ since the CZ logo was stamped on the front. I’m new to CZs. Got the kits and when I put them in mags I discovered the followers didn’t rise up to the top of the mags.

I then tried the FKCMG spring kits and the followers went all the way up like normal. 

The difference between the two kits is the size of the followers. 

In determining which kit to get I found it easier if you look at the round count stamped on the tube.