Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LimPro DA hitch at half-cock

lfine

Didn’t find this elsewhere.

As titled, feeling a definite “hitch” in DA trigger travel when hammer goes through half-cocked. Just recently cleaned but obviously there’s an area in need of some polishing to smooth this out a bit? Thanks for any advice. 

Is it an IFG or EAA Lim Pro?

What hammer are you running? 

One or 2 piece sear?

Have you changed the mainspring? 

Have you polished anything up to this point?

Are you slowly pulling back the trigger or rolling straight through in a quick, consistent manner?

Edited by billthemarine2862

Eaa

Titan hammer

one piece sear

no change

just cleaned and polished some areas obviously in need

this is in slowly pulling back, not rolling through, so shouldn't have impact on the range. Still, if I can make it as smooth as my CZ, I’d like to. 

By a hitch I mean you can feel it slip into the position and then need more pull to continue. Not just one consistent pull. 

Thanks. 

I agree with OPENB.  When I pull the trigger back slowly I can hear a click as the hammer passes half cock but, there is no hitch and it keeps going smoothly back before dropping.  A better mainspring will make a big difference. 

I run a factory hammer and Xtreme Medium mainspring in mine and it is smooth. 

Edited by billthemarine2862

I'll get to work and report back. And make sure to do a thorough job on polishing the sear. Where, in particular, am I looking to check the sear for adeuqte smoothness (besides most of it)? I don't recall from Memphis' video where thic specifically comes into play but I'll check again. Thanks, again, guys.

Make sure you polish the hammer strut well.  Get the holes where the hammer strut and disco fit with the hammer.  For the sear, the sides of the sear where it fits in the sear cage, the inside of the sear cage, the holes in the sear and sear cage as well.

I bet the hammer strut and mainspring are the culprit in your case though.

Polished the strut and strut hole and tried three different mainsprings but that wasn't the issue.  So it wasn't there. Onto the next steps with the sear and sear cage and polish.

It might be your trigger plunger too. 

If youre only seeing this issue in double action, I think it’s unlikely to be the seat at fault. Look over the sliding surfaces in the trigger & bar, plunger, and the ramp in the frame.

if it’s the hammer, strut, or spring you should be able to feel it when cocking the hammer with your thumb.

Check plunger and where plunger contacts trigger bar. With everything out and only trigger bar in, pull trigger, it should be smooth. Then push trigger bar down, keep it down, pull trigger, it should be smooth.

Checked and polished trigger plunger. Definitely smooth there.

Probably just take it all down and polish pretty much everywhere and see what happens. Seems to be in the sear area but I’ll get back to everyone. Thanks 

Edited by lfine