Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI or Atlas

Mban2

On 9/4/2019 at 1:53 PM, RangerTrace said:

I've not held or shot an Atlas, but I've spent a lot of time behind an Infinity.  It you want/need "one of a kind" cuts, colors and designs, nobody can touch them.  If you demand a 1# trigger, they can deliver that as well and they absolutely have one of the best resale values I've seen.

BUT, there are lots of builders out there who can build you an extremely accurate, 100% reliable pistol for much less money and shorter lead time.  I drank the blue koolaide for a long time, but they are not the only game out there......

We need a Like button!!

Seriously I agree, SVI guns are nice but there are a lot of builders out there that are building nice guns. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/22/2019 at 3:36 AM, pjb45 said:

I can only speak to the SV. 

I brought one used Open SV. SV treated me like I ordered it from them. Excellent customer service.  I sold it to a guy in FL where some GM bad mouthed it. Again SV treated him like he ordered from them. Alleviated all concerns. 

SV does right by the owners of their guns. 

Their rep for quality is legendary. 

I own several. I am not a sponsored shooter for them. 

That was me and I bought 3 additional pistols from them after that... 

I have owned several 2011's but never an Atlas.  I LOVE the SV's

infinityopen.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have several SVI open guns.  A close friend ( Class A shooter ) bought an Atlas.  He held and shot my SVI and wished he had dropped just a little more and got the SVI.  SVI is a true Custom build.  All SV parts, Great gun.  My newest SV ran flawlessly in very first match, and has never had a hik-up!!!

Kris

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, cconnection said:

I have several SVI open guns.  A close friend ( Class A shooter ) bought an Atlas.  He held and shot my SVI and wished he had dropped just a little more and got the SVI.  SVI is a true Custom build.  All SV parts, Great gun.  My newest SV ran flawlessly in very first match, and has never had a hik-up!!!

Kris

I have a 6" SVI.  I've shot an Atlas.  The Atlas is a really nice pistol.  But my SVI is a much smoother cycling pistol.  Both will do what you need them to do.  

Edited by Salsantini

On 6/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, Mban2 said:

I have a friend with two guns for sale:

an atlas titan and a beautiful SVI.

The SVI is about 1000 more dollars than the Atlas.  They are both beautiful guns and even though a bone stock Edge would work perfectly fine for me, I am strangely drawn to the all metal frames of these guns. This will be my first venture into 2011s and Limited.   I feel like the SVI is an amazing deal, but I don’t have many local people to ask.  What do you guys think?

you couldn't go wrong with either.  both are fantastic pistols.  I do not own any SVI guns but everyone that i know who has one loves it.  I have shot a few and they all feel amazing.  I currently own an atlas and i must say that their machining is amazing.  Love my atlas

I have an Atlas that Adam custom built for me in 3 months to the day.  The quality is immaculate and the pistol has never missed a beat.  I knew  nothing about open guns but Adam stayed on the phone with me for an hour answering every question I had and he wasn't sure if I was even going to buy one.  His support of his product is what will take me back for another.  

1 hour ago, tke37617 said:

I have an Atlas that Adam custom built for me in 3 months to the day.  The quality is immaculate and the pistol has never missed a beat.  I knew  nothing about open guns but Adam stayed on the phone with me for an hour answering every question I had and he wasn't sure if I was even going to buy one.  His support of his product is what will take me back for another.  

You articulated great customer service you received from Adam. Glad you like your gun. 
I have experienced great service from SV for more than 13 years. That is longevity. 

Plus their parts are without peer. 

I might have mentioned this before, I called Branden about some work. Sandy returned my call at 10pm that night. Kind of nice when a member of the Pistolsmith Guild takes the time to personally call me back on his personal time. For some folks, the pistolsmith guild is a very prestigious association. Not any gunsmith gets into it. 

I have an early atlas gun and it seems to be better than the ones that are being sold now. Not sure if it was just bad luck but there were some guys in the area who were very disappointed with the quality of their atlas guns. Hopefully they have tightened up on their QC control cause it was really really struggling. I really like the company because they were cheaper than SV but nothing compares to SV. Their guns are beautiful and the parts they make are legit. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Mban2 said:

So I ended up getting a Titan.   It is amazing and the serial number is 0009... so I imagine it is an early one.   

Solid choice and glad your enjoying it. Adam stands behind his products so early model or not he will make sure it keeps going bang 

On 11/24/2019 at 2:32 AM, Tcotter2629 said:

Solid choice and glad your enjoying it. Adam stands behind his products so early model or not he will make sure it keeps going bang 

Just another comment on the customer service at Atlas. I fedex my gun to them on Monday because of an issue with the front sight. (There was a certain batch of Dawson sights that were a little "soft" so they had some movement in them.)  Fedex tracking says they got it at 10:49am on Wednesday. I get a call from Adam at 11:29am and he says they replaced the front sight and they were getting ready to ship it back to me. He is calling me to see if I wanted it shipped back ground or priority, did I want it have to sign for it, etc. What owner of another company does this, and who else gets something fixed this quick. Just another reason to be pleased with Atlas and another reason that  I will purchase my next competition gun from them as well!

6 hours ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Just another comment on the customer service at Atlas. I fedex my gun to them on Monday because of an issue with the front sight. (There was a certain batch of Dawson sights that were a little "soft" so they had some movement in them.)  Fedex tracking says they got it at 10:49am on Wednesday. I get a call from Adam at 11:29am and he says they replaced the front sight and they were getting ready to ship it back to me. He is calling me to see if I wanted it shipped back ground or priority, did I want it have to sign for it, etc. What owner of another company does this, and who else gets something fixed this quick. Just another reason to be pleased with Atlas and another reason that  I will purchase my next competition gun from them as well!

I rest my case 👍🏽 Best customer service in the business. 

On 6/23/2019 at 10:57 PM, CrossOut said:

My honest opinion? 

Get what you want! Get which ever you like more and don't concern yourself with others opinions.

I get what you are saying (I think), as the gun of choice is always personal preference.  But, it seems that if you don't have experience with either gun, the prudent thing to do would be to ask the opinions of those that do have experience with either one or both?  Then see if you can get some trigger time with both with your preferred match loads and make a decision based on all available information.

Since you guys were taking about Atlas...I recently purchased an Atlas Titan 9mm on late October of this year. Shot it once, 150 rds. I am thinking about selling it.... not 100% sure yet..so. What's the "best" place to advertise this type of pistol?

4 hours ago, Hperea said:

Since you guys were taking about Atlas...I recently purchased an Atlas Titan 9mm on late October of this year. Shot it once, 150 rds. I am thinking about selling it.... not 100% sure yet..so. What's the "best" place to advertise this type of pistol?

The classified section of this site

Thank you Silent.

I think this purchase was one of those "impulse buys". I do not regret it, but since I do not compete then...Is there a purpose of having a race gun and do not race it?  When I went to the range I enjoyed it, but I think this gun is capable of so much more......time will tell.  Thank you