Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lfine

CZC LS-P holster wear?

Anyone who owns one notice if the finish wears more quickly on this than normal? Saw one with wear at very front of slide from holstering and wondered if it wore different than others. Thanks 

That’s about right, the wear is on the sides of the slide by the muzzle. Bluing doesn’t hold up.

depending on you holster if it’s really tight it will wear really fast

My CZC Bull Shadow blued slide showed holster wear pretty quickly but it never bothered me.

My LS-P has barely any bluing left after a years worth of dry fire and matches.  Thinking of hard chrome or black nitride to clean it up a bit. 

Posted (edited)

It is pretty common to see holster wear there.  Not really an indication of abuse or over use.

I had a shadow that I shot for only a few matches and had some dry fire that had wear up by the muzzle.  

Although I prefer to think of it as patina or a beauty mark and not wear....

Edited by billthemarine2862

I’ve had a Shadow 2 in and out of my Comp-Tac for competitions and dry fire for 2 years with no wear compared to what I’ve seen on the LS-P. 

Posted (edited)

S2 uses a different finish than the older CZ's.  Yours is a nitride where the older ones are a poly coat or blued I believe. 

Edited by billthemarine2862

The blueing on the LS-P wore quickly and does very little to protect against rust. That is why I opted for Hard Chroming everything.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk