Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flash ads

Alan550

I don't watch much TV because of having to deal with ads & commercials.  I generally record the shows I want to watch regularly so I can skip the ads.  Then comes along a program that I really want to see but it's in real time.  Next comes the ads for future shows and the commercials!  They "flash" images at the rate of 1-5 per second and many use a moving camera, further confusing this old man with the rapid image shifts that are supposed to be entertaining, I guess, but they are NOT.  Then there's the guy who YELLS at you through the whole ad!  Annoying!

I thought ads were supposed to make you want to go buy something or watch a particular program?  Believe me with the latest technology being used in commercials and ads for TV shows, and the short attention span we are believed to possess, it doesn't work for me! 

Maybe I'm just an old fart but my dollar spends just like anyone else's, and they constantly turn me away from their products, no matter the company, items or shows they are promoting!

Thanks for putting up with this old curmudgeon for a minute or two..............

Alan~^~