Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited custom xtreme

EDWARDTK

Just bought a new limited custom xtreme in .40 s&w.   Does anyone have any videos or info on how to switch the mag release to the right side of the gun?  Also,  does anyone know of an extended safety with a larger paddle on the right side of gun?    

Thanks for the help!!

Congrats on your purchase!

If you follow the MM videos online and do a complete disassembly, when doing the reassembly you just flip the mag catch to the other side...

I do not have an answer about the safety though. 

Edited by billthemarine2862

7 minutes ago, billthemarine2862 said:

Congrats on your purchase!

If you follow the MM videos online and do a complete disassembly, when doing the reassembly you just flip the mag catch to the other side...

I do not have an answer about the safety though. 

Thank you sir!    Being a southpaw sucks sometimes!

I feel your pain!  Since I am left eye dominant when I was in the Marines they made me do all my shooting lefty.  Was not a big deal with the M4/M16 but, when it came time to pistol qual I stunk it up at first.  When I got out, I shot lefty at first. 

Eventually the lack of support for parts drove me to shoot pistol right handed and learn to adjust my hold to compensate for my eye dominance.

I wish I could help ya with the right side safety.  Hopefully some of your fellow southpaws will come along soon with the info you need....

I have the same gun and am left handed too.  It seems the best you can do for safeties is Tanfo part number 102117.  The right side safety won’t be as big as the left side that’s on the gun now.  

As far as flipping the safety, you have to almost take the entire lower end apart.  The trigger has to come out then you can pull the magazine catch plunger out.  I installed a CGW Canik trigger pin when I put mine back together.   The slave pin that comes with the CGW pin makes reassembly a lot easier (the hard part is getting the trigger and trigger return spring back in). 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, Chris_C said:

I have the same gun and am left handed too.  It seems the best you can do for safeties is Tanfo part number 102117.  The right side safety won’t be as big as the left side that’s on the gun now.  

As far as flipping the safety, you have to almost take the entire lower end apart.  The trigger has to come out then you can pull the magazine catch plunger out.  I installed a CGW Canik trigger pin when I put mine back together.   The slave pin that comes with the CGW pin makes reassembly a lot easier (the hard part is getting the trigger and trigger return spring back in). 

Does the cz canik trigger from cgw work in the limited custom?

45 minutes ago, EDWARDTK said:

Does the cz canik trigger from cgw work in the limited custom?

Get the Henning Flat trigger and don’t try to fit something that wasn’t designed for the gun.

BTW you can work the trigger bar plunger out without removing the trigger assembly, but it’s a PIA and requires getting that little retention pin out, so it’s a whole lot easier to just punch out the trigger roll pin and watch out as the return spring goes on a trip.

Your gun should already have the right side safety extension, just not as long as the left.  

xtreme-limited-custom.jpg

limcusx2-500x500.jpg

34 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

Get the Henning Flat trigger and don’t try to fit something that wasn’t designed for the gun.

BTW you can work the trigger bar plunger out without removing the trigger assembly, but it’s a PIA and requires getting that little retention pin out, so it’s a whole lot easier to just punch out the trigger roll pin and watch out as the return spring goes on a trip.

Your gun should already have the right side safety extension, just not as long as the left.  

xtreme-limited-custom.jpg

limcusx2-500x500.jpg

It does have a right side safety I cant seem to activate it with my thumb 

I looked quite a bit for a good right sided safety but it seems there just isn't one, at least not that I could find.  The CZ/Tanfoglio platform thumb safety location is awfully far forward for my stumpy thumbs.  I've been messing around with my 3D printer seeing if I can get a good design I can active consistently, but what I have so far is hideous looking and still a work in progress.

9 hours ago, EDWARDTK said:

It does have a right side safety I cant seem to activate it with my thumb 

Hmm, I have no idea then because the size is quite big and I have no problem on my TFs using my left thumb to manipulate the safety.

You will have to describe your issue with activating it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, HesedTech said:

Hmm, I have no idea then because the size is quite big and I have no problem on my TFs using my left thumb to manipulate the safety.

You will have to describe your issue with activating it. 

My stubby thumbs don't reach the lever to deactivate the safety when gripping the pistol. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Trinimon said:

I bought an extended mag release from Patriot Defense that's nicer to work than the factory one.

tanfoglio-mag-catch-custom-extended-__94

For the extended safety, I picked up the Tanfoglio Custom extended ambi-safety.

safety-custom-extended_0.jpg

The extended ambi safey pictured looks like what came in my xtream but I may be wrong...  Also the pd mag release you posted looks very nice.  I am going to pick one up for sure

11 hours ago, EDWARDTK said:

My stubby thumbs don't reach the lever to deactivate the safety when gripping the pistol. 

I don’t think there are any stock parts that will work for you. Maybe you can get someone to custom make a right side extended safety for you. 

Edited by HesedTech