Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP GMR-15 load data - over all length

2 hours ago, BlackBuzzard said:

FYI......some super soft loads, 122 PF, will not cycle the JP GMR15.    About one in 40 rounds will not fully cycle the gun.

So if yer wondering how low you can go......

Ehhhh, I was able to go MUCH lower so that's going to be powder and bullet specific with yours being quite abnormal. And yes, stock GMR15s and GMR13s.  

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, BlackBuzzard said:

FYI......some super soft loads, 122 PF, will not cycle the JP GMR15.    About one in 40 rounds will not fully cycle the gun.

So if yer wondering how low you can go......

I've experienced the same thing with mine. 

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

What specific powder and bullet were you using? 

I tested every SCS buffer available with 115's at 110 PF and they all cycled and locked back. I was able to get a 95 grain bullet down lower than that to cycle. 

6 hours ago, Shadow said:

What specific powder and bullet were you using? 

I tested every SCS buffer available with 115's at 110 PF and they all cycled and locked back. I was able to get a 95 grain bullet down lower than that to cycle. 

Titegroup/Montana Gold 124 JHP

I don’t know why you guys are shooting below minor. It doesn’t matter if I’m shooting steel challenge, USPSA, carbine matches, or just practicing. I shoot the same Ammo. To keep my zero the same and keep recoil impulse and the recoil behavior consistent throughout all disciplines of shooting.

And it shoots extremely soft. I’ve shot about 40,000 rounds of this particular load.

ffc3f66e145f84036cae1ed85cc4abdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, devilsdenguns said:

I don’t know why you guys are shooting below minor. It doesn’t matter if I’m shooting steel challenge, USPSA, carbine matches, or just practicing. I shoot the same Ammo. To keep my zero the same and keep recoil impulse and the recoil behavior consistent throughout all disciplines of shooting.

And it shoots extremely soft. I’ve shot about 40,000 rounds of this particular load.

In my case, I was working up a load and noticed what Black Buzzard mentioned.  I've settled at ~135 pf and runs like a champ.

On 6/27/2019 at 3:31 AM, devilsdenguns said:

What 135 grain bullet?

What 135 grain bullet?

135 grain truncated cone blue bullets.

And you can see the power factors on the photo. I’m running 142ish power factor.

We developed this load to make minor for production and Carry optics as well as 3gun and my pcc. It runs great. Shoots extremely soft.
So contrary to the last couple posts. It’s 135 grain bullets. Not 135 power factor.

135 grain truncated cone blue bullets.

And you can see the power factors on the photo. I’m running 142ish power factor.

We developed this load to make minor for production and Carry optics as well as 3gun and my pcc. It runs great. Shoots extremely soft.

So contrary to the last couple posts. It’s 135 grain bullets. Not 135 power factor.

I’m using PD 124 JHP 139 PF about 3/4 group at 50 yards with GMR-15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro