Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Closest DA/SA to a TSO today?

lfine

Love my TSO .40. Wish it had a twin 9 mm in DA/SA.  I was wondering, with all the various CZC and other models out these days, what would be the closest DA/SA to it today?

Size, feel, trigger, performance, etc. 

I have my own opinion but having never handled everything out there today, thought I’d ask. Thanks. 

I would recommend something like a CTS Long Slide.  I know the dust cover is much shorter and all but, it is a similar upper. The grip profile is smaller but, a set of Lok palmswell grips would help with that.

A Tanfo large frame will fill your hands up more like a TSO but, the trigger guard is squared and feels different that a TSO.

Edited by billthemarine2862

Thanks all. I have a Shadow 2. Still would like better if it’s out there. Never tried a CTS -LS. Between the dust cover and grips sounds like it might be a bit more compromising than others. I do see someone selling a used one, however, quite a bit of holster wear on the front of the slide concerns me. 

A01 would most likely do it. A bit pricey and not on the list - yet. But looks great! 

Or maybe it’s just time to try a Stock II like you say. Those are a bit easier to find. 

Stock 2 is a great gun.  The new IFG Lim Pro is really nice as well.  The Stock 2 has a full length dust cover and cone fit barrel. The Lim Pro has a shorter dust cover but, it still balances really well. It is easier to make weight if you decide to go the carry optics route. 

Trigger needs a little work with a Tanfo but it is easy to get 6 pound DA, 2 pound SA.

Had a SP01 Shadow for 3 years and decided that my hands were too big for it and the gun hard to control in rapid fire. Took the TS route and now I have made full circle back to the Shadow 2 . With palm swell Lok Grips, the nice rough front strap and backstrap and slightly different gripping technique, I really can't complain!