Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 super comp powder in lieu of vv3n38

sophiasmith

I'm using Shooter's World Major Pistol powder and love it.  I is half the expense, meters like water, compresses easily if needed and is super clean and accurate.  It is a little slower than 3N38.  AA7 is another candidate.

All of the European powders seem to arrive in batches.  When I open my last 8 lb. jug I order 16 lbs. even if it is on backorder.  That way I never run out, or have to switch to another powder because what I want isn't available.

• 9 months later...

I ended up using Silhouette.  I figured I would try it because I used it in my 9 mm until it became scarce.  Now it is available.  But I think the 3n37 is a great idea.........  I don't know why I never thought of that........:-(🤔 

6 minutes ago, sophiasmith said:

Thanks, Brian!  I was thinking of trying that. I am going to get some.  People are raving about it and it’s inexpensive compared to VV.

start with 9.6 grains, chrono and work your way up, 9.6 grains of Shooters World Major Pistol probably won't make major in .38 supercomp but it is a good place to start, meters well, and is $20 a lb.