Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ambi Safety Recommendations?

I have a PSA Billet Glock lower with a Hyperfire 3G trigger in it.

The milspec is okay, I can hit it pretty quick but looking for something with ambi controls for classifiers and just something in general faster to disengage.

Don't want to spend a ton but want to make sure I get something solid and proven.  I've got the itch to start shooting PCC again in USPSA and not just Steel Challenge after shooting limited so far this year.

Before you buy, be sure to check the Hiperfire website to assure your desired safety is not on the list of those that does not play well with their triggers.

The Elftmann Slide Safety Selector is one that does not work.

https://www.hiperfire.com/faq/are-hipertouch-24-series-triggers-compatible-with-ambidextrous-safeties-or-other-ambi-controls/

• 2 weeks later...

For me the benefit of an ambi-safety is I like to switch the selector to the "safe" position with my trigger finger.  After a while it felt so natural that I've put ambi's on all my AR's.

Early last season I gave one of the 60 degree throw safety selectors a try.  I quickly put them on all my competition PCC's.

I'm a big fan of the Hiperfire triggers so it was an easy decision to try the Hyperfire selector safety when they became available.  An excellent safety.