Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
mellino19

DPP and X5 thanks to L&M

So just to clarify, all that has to be done to fit a DPP on a X5 is open mill the front of the pocket forward a bit? 

Pocket just needs to be opened toward the breech face, that's it.

2 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Pocket just needs to be opened toward the breech face, that's it.

And you need screws with the correct thread pitch but otherwise yes.

i think the Romeo 1 screws are too fat. I posted sizes earlier in the thread.

40 minutes ago, mellino19 said:

And you need screws with the correct thread pitch but otherwise yes.

i think the Romeo 1 screws are too fat. I posted sizes earlier in the thread.

Think they're 6-48, but not 100%sure

43 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Think they're 6-48, but not 100%sure

Just pulled up my e-mail from L&M and yes 6-48.

I'm on brownells right now and believe you'd want the 6-48 x 3/4" weaver oval head screws.

Would it not be the same thread pitch as  it is when used with the R1 but just longer? Since the screw holes aren’t changing... or what am I missing? 

I don’t have my X5 yet, just bought a used one yesterday and want to put a DPP on it as soon as it arrives. I have a mill. 

Thanks

Edited by JatCarver

9 minutes ago, JatCarver said:

Would it not be the same thread pitch as  it is when used with the R1 but just longer? Since the screw holes aren’t changing... or what am I missing?

I probably should've read and replied to this more than 10 minutes after waking up.

Yes the thread pitch you will need is the same as the R1 (6-48 as mentioned) just a little longer as you said (3/4"). What I meant to say originally is that the R1 screws won't work with the DPP because of length (as we've discussed) but also the head type - R1 uses a fillister head screw to clamp the optic down in the screw hole/pocket of the optic while the DPP uses a weaver oval head so the tapered head clamps down on the optic that way.

Sorry for any confusion.

1 minute ago, mellino19 said:

I probably should've read and replied to this more than 10 minutes after waking up.

Yes the thread pitch you will need is the same as the R1 (6-48 as mentioned) just a little longer as you said (3/4"). What I meant to say originally is that the R1 screws won't work with the DPP because of length (as we've discussed) but also the head type - R1 uses a fillister head screw to clamp the optic down in the screw hole/pocket of the optic while the DPP uses a weaver oval head so the tapered head clamps down on the optic that way.

Sorry for any confusion.

Gotcha, thanks!