Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPP and X5 thanks to L&M

mellino19

Hi all,

I know there's a never ending debate and countless threads of which red dot put on your X5 (and not the M17, I'm speaking strictly for the X5).

When I first got my X5 I really wanted the Delta Point Pro off my G34 MOS to go onto it so I got a Springer Precision plate but had fitment issues even with a second plate being sent to me. I settled for the Romeo 1 and it worked fine, I had zero problems unlike some others I've seen on the forum.

I stumbled upon L&M Precision GunwWorks through google searches showing posts from BE and more. I sent my slide out and had it back within a week and a half. Quick turn around, inexpensive, and I can revert back to my R1 if I wanted to. I also don't have the added height that the Springer creates.

I thought I'd just post this for all of your who love the DPP and the X5 and want both! I know the P320 X5 legion will be a DPP cut but for those of you (like me) who would rather spend about $65 instead of $850, this seemed like a no-brainer.

Bonus points @George16 for this thread on the mag catch mod that I had try out.
image.thumb.jpeg.c0ea973130ae3be92a67e778c217e8e6.jpeg

L&M does great work. He did this very agressive job on my PPQ, the DPP is so low that when I remove it, you’re looking at the firing pin in it’s channel. ;) 

I’d send Mark another slide for milling without any hesitation.

CDCDA95C-62EB-43D4-A52E-CDD01A7038A9.thumb.jpeg.5a4c0ae5fa8616ebcfbbae9c91b46313.jpeg615AE91D-07D6-4A8E-B639-A7B37E801C89.thumb.jpeg.3b72aafe6a981f8f536c9fe196e0ad8e.jpeg

FD0C3F8D-EDE1-4666-B4A4-D3C7274D6A49.thumb.jpeg.778b88e69a67fa3aafaf5caad39e1019.jpeg

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 hours ago, terrydoc said:

what did they do to the slide for the DPP?

They mill away just enough of the forward section of the optic pocket on the slide for the dot to fit perfectly and have mounting holes line up. Honestly it could be done with a file but I would rather just shell out a quick $60 or whatever and have it done properly and precisely with a machine. He also provides correct mounting hardware for it.

Thanks I thought that might have been it, I was looking at getting that done also as I couldn't find a R1 here in Australia and can't get the Springer plates (or anything else from them).

But I ended up finding a near new R1 so have gone with that.

1 hour ago, be032 said:

Does L&M make other adapters?

This wasn’t an adapter, it was a cut in the slide to accommodate the length of the DPP since the screw footprint matches the Romeo 1 however if you check their website I believe they do an RMR conversion.  

Thanks for the post, I've been toying with sending one, or both, of my X-guns to them for this service. Quick question, which version DPP do you have, the dot or the triangle?

Thanks

1 hour ago, S391 said:

Thanks for the post, I've been toying with sending one, or both, of my X-guns to them for this service. Quick question, which version DPP do you have, the dot or the triangle?

Thanks

I have 2.5 MOA dot version

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 1:07 PM, mellino19 said:

Hi all,

I know there's a never ending debate and countless threads of which red dot put on your X5 (and not the M17, I'm speaking strictly for the X5).

When I first got my X5 I really wanted the Delta Point Pro off my G34 MOS to go onto it so I got a Springer Precision plate but had fitment issues even with a second plate being sent to me. I settled for the Romeo 1 and it worked fine, I had zero problems unlike some others I've seen on the forum.

I stumbled upon L&M Precision GunwWorks through google searches showing posts from BE and more. I sent my slide out and had it back within a week and a half. Quick turn around, inexpensive, and I can revert back to my R1 if I wanted to. I also don't have the added height that the Springer creates.

I thought I'd just post this for all of your who love the DPP and the X5 and want both! I know the P320 X5 legion will be a DPP cut but for those of you (like me) who would rather spend about $65 instead of $850, this seemed like a no-brainer.

Bonus points @George16 for this thread on the mag catch mod that I had try out.
image.thumb.jpeg.c0ea973130ae3be92a67e778c217e8e6.jpeg

how is that DPP holding for you? i have an older X5 with romeo 1, but am returning this optic because this is the second one that gave me issues (the glass moves around if I press on it!). I want to try the DPP.

L&M Precision slide modification makes a lot of sense, but are you still happy with it (after how many rounds?)

you mention they provide the hardware, what hardware is this? I thought all you needed is the optic, screws and the slide.

Edited by Tango

8 hours ago, Tango said:

how is that DPP holding for you? i have an older X5 with romeo 1, but am returning this optic because this is the second one that gave me issues (the glass moves around if I press on it!). I want to try the DPP.

L&M Precision slide modification makes a lot of sense, but are you still happy with it (after how many rounds?)

you mention they provide the hardware, what hardware is this? I thought all you needed is the optic, screws and the slide.

I have probably 400 rounds through it without an issue, I was finishing out the summer season with PCC and switching back over to CO next week.

The hardware I’m referring to is the two screws L&M provide to mount the DPP. Mark said they’re a 6-48 screw from brownells although he’s seen some slides (I’m guessing the M17) require M4x0.7 screws.