Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Complete New Shadow 2 Slides worth?

himurax13

I am trying to figure out if I want to mill my current Shadow 2 Slide for CO or just sell it outright and get a Bull Shadow Slide. Has anyone sold their Shadow 2 slide? If so, what did it go for?

when the guns were still very new i paid around 800 for a complete shadow 2 upper. (slide, barrel, sights, recoil assembly, firing pin stuff and extractor, totally complete upper)

1 hour ago, robertwyatt said:

I paid $600 in December from Stuart for the entire upper. If you want to sell it for that, I’ll buy it from you right now

LOL,

I have two NIB Shadow 2's at the moment.

Bought a new unfired upper assembly for $650 a while ago. Sold that slide with milling, DPP and other bits for $1050 shipped recently.

it completely depends what your gonna want to do with the gun after. Bull Shadow slide on an S2 frame isn’t USPSA production/CO legal.

Ive seen a few on this forum and another dedicated CZ forum for sale in the $600-$650 range. Looks like everyone who has posted here is all in the same ballpark on price. It would be nice to have two cut slides for CO so when the dot stops working, and it will, you just go to your bag and pull out the extra slide with the dot already mounted and put it on and keep shooting the match.  

I switched the mag release on my S2 over (I'm also left handed) I heated up the screw first and pushed down like a mother while unscrewing and it actually came out with not all that much difficulty .

1 hour ago, Davidoff said:

CZC sells new complete Shadow 2 slides for $695. Your price should probably be about 15-20% below that assuming the slide is lightly used. 

CZC Invoice.png

So $1079 for a complete slide with the Optics cut? Then another $200 to $600 for an optic? Wow, that is getting steep.

7 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

IF uspsa would allow the factory made shadow 2 OR version this would be a moot point....

CZ didn't like the price they were quoted to bump the weight limit again. I'll probably shoot Limited at Nationals since I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of finding a S2 slide, chopping it all to hell and then selling it once Nat's is over. 

OP  Primary Machine is also another option for cuts. Bruce sent me a quick reply about a question I had. If I break down and decide to play in CO I'd definitely be good with either Primary or CZC. 

2 hours ago, himurax13 said:

So $1079 for a complete slide with the Optics cut? Then another $200 to $600 for an optic? Wow, that is getting steep.

I wish I had enough time to get better at shooting. Instead I just blow money on cool guns that collect dust in the safe while I try to maintain a declining skill set shooting a local once a month if I'm lucky. Adulting is tough, but at least I haven't resorted to shooting PCC. Yet. 

Edited by Davidoff

19 minutes ago, Davidoff said:

I wish I had enough time to get better at shooting. Instead I just blow money on cool guns that collect dust in the safe while I try to maintain a declining skill set shooting a local once a month if I'm lucky. Adulting is tough, but at least I haven't resorted to shooting PCC. Yet. 

I’m feeling very attacked by this.

and this reminds me, I have to reinstall my 24c in my MPX that I have yet to shoot in a match.

Some people would be envious, lol.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that a Bull Shadow 2 is not legal for production (and therefore CO) and also that you would have to send the frame to CZC to be milled down for the slide as it won't just drop in. 

11 hours ago, Wrecks said:

Keep in mind that a Bull Shadow 2 is not legal for production (and therefore CO) and also that you would have to send the frame to CZC to be milled down for the slide as it won't just drop in. 

It seems that they are not going to put the paperwork in to make them Production Legal.

Some of the slides are milled to fit in any 75b/Shadow 2 frame.

3 hours ago, himurax13 said:

It seems that they are not going to put the paperwork in to make them Production Legal.

Some of the slides are milled to fit in any 75b/Shadow 2 frame.

Yes but the S2 frame doesnt blend with the rear of the slide without modification to the frame. It’s VERY obvious when the BullShadow slide is put on a stock S2 frame.

And by paperwork, you mean producing 2000 publicly available pistols, correct?

Yes but the S2 frame doesnt blend with the rear of the slide without modification to the frame. It’s VERY obvious when the BullShadow slide is put on a stock S2 frame.

And by paperwork, you mean producing 2000 publicly available pistols, correct?
Yes, but someone actually has to submit the paperwork in addition to the 2000 units.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I recently spoke to Cajun Gun Works about getting a second complete slide and they mentioned that they would have to be fitted to the gun to work.  Granted that was starting with a brand new raw slide.  So maybe one already fitted for a Shadow II would swap right on??  Frames are close enough that the fit would be OK??

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, Davidoff said:

Bringing this back up merely to acknowledge the brilliance of this statement. 
I may actually have this printed and hang it on the wall. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:57 AM, Tophernj said:

Bringing this back up merely to acknowledge the brilliance of this statement. 
I may actually have this printed and hang it on the wall. 

Right I was just reading this thread and was like damn I feel like he’s talking to me lol