Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

caspian magazine where to buy

Tanfoglio 38 super

Hello

I live in the netherlands and a friend of my needs caspian 38 super dubbelstack magazine's.

I can't find them anywhere on the internet.

Is here some one nows where i can buy them.

Or is there someone ho nows how to make a tanfolgio big frame magazine work in a Caspian?

I read that this is a option?

Greetings Jan Wit

I just talked to Caspian, they arnt making mags and dont have any. They told me to use Tanfoglio large frames. I just sold all my 38's as I was switching frame to 45 and needed 45 acp tubes.
Does your friend have any caspian mags ? If so it is really obvious what you have to do to get the Tanfoglios to work.  Take the top end off and put the Tanfoglio mag in the gun, you will see the little corner on the front of the tube that is hitting. Just needs to have a small section on the front of the feed lip cut down a hair so it will lock in.

I had a Caspian in 40 and I couldn't get the Caspian magazines to function, at all. I bought 3 from EAA directly for $75 and trimmed them, installed Grams springs and followers and I never had any issues. I wouldn't water any time waiting for Caspian. I do really like their basepads, but they haven't had any of those available forever..

I have Caspian mags in 9mm, 38 super, .40 and 10mm. They are converted EAA tubes with Grams spring and followers.

I build all the Dan Wesson Elite series 1911s, high cap (Caspian) pistols and have used these magazines for years.
I can not send them out of the US. Email me at krebaum@sbcglobal.net and I can send you an information sheet.
Edited by Krow

Those of you converting the EAA mag to work in the caspian, are those the same mags as the mecgar?

I tried converting mecgar mags and with the stock base pad on, I couldn’t get them to lock in, and I did cut them down to the point I was afraid they wouldn’t hold up 

17 minutes ago, rishii said:

Those of you converting the EAA mag to work in the caspian, are those the same mags as the mecgar?

I tried converting mecgar mags and with the stock base pad on, I couldn’t get them to lock in, and I did cut them down to the point I was afraid they wouldn’t hold up 

Yes EAA and Mecgar are the same. There is a little more to it then some say to get it right. You have to machine the right side to the proper depth to have the mag sit at the proper height. You need to machine- the left side for the slide stop, the very top rear notch so the slide does not hit, the mag catch height and the feed lips depending on the caliber. You also need the caspian style base pads. Like I said, I have mag bodies, Grams spring/followers, base pads for these. I have converted around 1000 of these mags. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Mike has the answer, I am running both MBX and Tangfo large frame mags. The MBX are great, always work, I haven't put a Dawson mag tuning kit on any of the 5 I have, from the package to 4 years later. They are spendy, but after playing around with other manufacturer's mags, they are great. I also started using the Tangfo large frame mags and modifying them, takes me a little more than 2 mins, I'm just slow. I use Taylor Freelance base pads, get 23 in 140 and 29 in 170, they take some work also, but I have access to a mill to hog out the insides. Oh, they are  less expensive, about half.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:50 AM, Tanfoglio 38 super said:

Drummen not on stock.

MBX not on stock for about 3 month's

On 6/17/2019 at 10:07 AM, Tanfoglio 38 super said:

Hello

I live in the netherlands and a friend of my needs caspian 38 super dubbelstack magazine's.

I can't find them anywhere on the internet.

Is here some one nows where i can buy them.

Or is there someone ho nows how to make a tanfolgio big frame magazine work in a Caspian?

I read that this is a option?

Greetings Jan Wit

MBX Extreme here in the states has them now!  3 different lengths.  I do not know if he will ship to you.  Email from the website to find out.  The Caspian / Tanfo mags are the same.  Let me say, the MBX ones fit both.

Edited by Dan4147

• 4 weeks later...