Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Razorcat Q and A

armyjohnson1

So I have been shooting a Glock 24 limited for about 2.5 years now. I have had my eyes on a limcat since I started and something about johnny's style does it for me.   

Anyone that has one can y'all tell me pros and cons of the pistol. I have yet to shoot one and would likely go with 9mm. But can y'all tell me grips, safeties, triggers, red dot, etc. I'm new to this and just looking for answers.

Thanks 

J

I’ve got a 9mm major Limcat. Shoots great. Should have it back in a few weeks. Was a shorty. Having it built into a middy with H barrel.

Have some videos of it running as a shorty here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTlr6nIVL4eij-1pOCBuS6w

When it comes back I’ll get done comparing it as a middy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only shoot 9mm. 38sc was a borrowed gun a buddy let me try out before I owned a 2011.

I’m only M and to me they shoot very similar if load is set up good. Top guys may see it differently.

I messed around with loads enough that I think you can tune them to your preference to make 9mm work if you want to. At the end of the day a reliable running gun is going to mean more anyway.

And I haven’t shot them side by side yet. Sent the Limcat off just before the Atlas arrived. Will find out in a few weeks. Limcat was running hotter loads since it was a shorty but I shot similar performance level with both. Like the evo grip a lot but it may still be a tad slower for me on reloads. Still like it though.

I don't have a Razor cat but I had a Spearcat, and now have a Beastcat. Limcats are great guns, mine are 9mm and are very reliable. I have tried the silica carbide grip and the PT aggressive steel grip, I prefer the steel grip. The new Limcat steel grip is also very nice, a friend of mine has one and let me check it out.

Can’t go wrong with a Limcat. I’ve had the wildcat tracker for limited and it felt like I was shooting 9mm. Now I have a9 major  beastcat   With a PT Evo grip and love everything about it. Plus Johnny is pretty quick to answer any questions I may have

maybe @Posvar can chime in since he went through a couple different models/ideas 

I like the evo grip alot I have shot my buddy's atlas that has it. @kujo929 thanks for the feedback. That's what I need to hear. 

@Nevadazielmeister that's exactly what I needed in my life this morning. Are y'all shooting  the same load?  Thank you. I am deployed right now and I keep hesitating on pulling the trigger on a build from Johnny.   Think I'm gonna go ahead and do it.   It's just money right.

4 hours ago, armyjohnson1 said:

I like the evo grip alot I have shot my buddy's atlas that has it. @kujo929 thanks for the feedback. That's what I need to hear. 

@Nevadazielmeister that's exactly what I needed in my life this morning. Are y'all shooting  the same load?  Thank you. I am deployed right now and I keep hesitating on pulling the trigger on a build from Johnny.   Think I'm gonna go ahead and do it.   It's just money right.

Yes, we shoot the exact same ammunition. It is easier that way. 

Again, thank for your service to the greatest country in the world. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

N

5 hours ago, Fo0 said:

@Nevadazielmeister

what grip safety are you using on the purple one? thanks

2 hours ago, armyjohnson1 said:

Looks like limcat grip has it pinned.

Yes, the grip safety is inoperative. Anything on those guns is because Johnny put them on, so I believe they are all custom. 

This is my favorite kind of thread! I do love my Limcats and have tried several types of Johnny's open guns. My favorite by far is a mid length Hbar with steel grip and turbo comp. My first Limcat open gun was a longggggggg Phantera and it was older style with regular cone barrel and non turbo comp. It shot great! Then I tried an Hbar plastic grip gun and liked it a lot. Then I tried an Hbar with steel grip and turbo comp and was in heaven! I don't think you can go wrong with any of the models but I would for sure have it configured in the set up I mentioned for a 9mm.

With my new gun coming any day I have a very very nice steel grip 9mm Hbar turbo gun that I may be convinced to let go to a good buyer/home. :)

Matt

12 hours ago, Fo0 said:

Anyone have problems running the current SVI magazine tubes in Limcat frame/grip?

The SV tubes will have to be tuned. MBX and STI work well. MBX is all I run.

52 minutes ago, Posvar said:

This is my favorite kind of thread! I do love my Limcats and have tried several types of Johnny's open guns. My favorite by far is a mid length Hbar with steel grip and turbo comp. My first Limcat open gun was a longggggggg Phantera and it was older style with regular cone barrel and non turbo comp. It shot great! Then I tried an Hbar plastic grip gun and liked it a lot. Then I tried an Hbar with steel grip and turbo comp and was in heaven! I don't think you can go wrong with any of the models but I would for sure have it configured in the set up I mentioned for a 9mm.

With my new gun coming any day I have a very very nice steel grip 9mm Hbar turbo gun that I may be convinced to let go to a good buyer/home. :)

Matt

Matt,

I know I want a steel grip and a longer gun but like I said I'm just lost @Nevadazielmeister answered alot of my questions.   

The gun you might let go is it a open gun?

-J

6 minutes ago, armyjohnson1 said:

Matt,

I know I want a steel grip and a longer gun but like I said I'm just lost @Nevadazielmeister answered alot of my questions.   

The gun you might let go is it a open gun?

-J

You are on the right track. Yes, Limcat Hbar 9mm Turbo Open gun race ready with steel grip, SV trigger, etc and functions 110%. PM if you would like to discuss further. 

Matt