Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Climbhard

Climbhard Master Plan

This will be my Dry Fire journal. So after this weeks local match and reviewing results I realize I have “plateaued”. My movement is good and my time is where they should be given that I am 53 but I’m giving up to many points.  More about me,   Already stated I’m 53 and have average to slightly better agility. Probably above average strength for my age.  Weakness is definitely my vision and between my ears.  My eyes are -9 with astigmatism.   My dominant left eye has also had a large floater which I just had broken up with the first of two treatments.  That helped.  Also learned I have slight cataracts and will like be having that surgery soon.  I shoot In Limited with a little SS thrown in around the Western States SS match. I know people will say I should switch to a dot but I’ll like the 1911/2011.  My classification in LTD is sitting at a solid 77% with my two lowest of 8 being 71 and 72.  When everything goes right I can get to 75-80 percent of GM hit factor on a stage but that is too infrequent.  I’ll have too many stages with the unexplained Mike on an open target, and a load of Cs to ever score well in a match,

My my goals are two fold:  first, make Master before it’s too late (I’m thinking that’s 55) and second improve my match performance.  Improving my match performance to me would be shooting 90% of available points after penalties.  Doing that at my current speed will I think provide satisfactory match results. 

So let the Dry Fire begin.  I’ve got Bens book and this journal will be my journey through the book and my progress. We’ve got three months until this years Nationals in Saint George. Plenty of time. Let’s get too it!

A couple of questions for you, How long have you been shooting? Are you shooting Major? Have you ever taken a class?

58 minutes ago, SWprotected said:

A couple of questions for you, How long have you been shooting? Are you shooting Major? Have you ever taken a class?

Seriously probably 4-5 years. Major.  Several classes notably with Manny Brag and Ben Stoeger.  And of course being in Colorado the Big Panda.   

Cool, I was going to suggest Charlie since you were in CO. The random misses on open targets, I still get those from time to time and for me its because I am not really calling the second shot on that target trying to transition to the next one before its time. Good luck!

Yup.  That’s me too. Same as putting second shot into the hardcover on a zebra.  Already looking at what I’m going to do next. 

Day 1:  6/18. The draw.  Not a big deal when it comes to stage performance but the base on many of these drills.   Ben suggest 0.7 par time.  I found I could comfortably cruise into an Alpha in 0.9:   Pushing myself to 0.8 was hit or miss. Literally.  Overall, not a bad start.   Will continue to work on this and getting a more consistent grip every time.  I think I have a lot of time to gain REACTING to the buzzer.   Does anyone else feel they draw slower with LIVE ammo versus a mag full of training rounds????

Wow, cant believe this is Aug 19, two months later.  Want can I say but "fail".  My free time has been almost zero over these two months.  I can give 20 excuses why but I don't suppose that's relevant.   I now find myself facing the question "Is A class good enough?"  Who else has faced that question and how did you respond?