Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp Gen 2 Red Dot Installation

iride

So I think I'm onto something. Not going to be as clean as the one in that picture but it's going to work. There are 4 small plastic plugs in the top of the receiver on the 1301 comp. The plugs are not threaded but the holes they are sitting in are. I removed the 2 center most plugs and I'm going to mount the 1301 tactical picatinny rail section to those holes. The screws that come with the rail are plenty long enough to go all the way into the receiver and they match the threads. The only catch is the 2 holes in the rail section don't match up with any combination of holes on the receiver so I'm going to use one of them and drill a 3rd hole into the rail about 1 notch farther down the rail than the existing hole and countersink the hole. It should then bolt up just fine and that leaves the rail available for whatever optic you want to use which in my case is a vortex venom 6 moa. I just need to make sure i put the new hole in the rail in the right place.

Looks like it would work great, unfortunately it's not available from anywhere apparently. Every site including Beretta has it either out of stock or backordered or not available. They do seem awfully proud of that thing too! I think I'll try putting a hole in this one for now and see if it comes back in stock. If it does I may switch but what I'm doing doesn't alter the receiver so I should be able to swap rails easily later. I dunno why I couldn't find that the first time I looked! 

11 hours ago, iride said:

How did they mount that? Is it just screwed into the top of the receiver? 

They mill the receiver specifically for your dot of choice.  It gets the dot as low as possible to allow you a good cheek weld.

Nice....one day perhaps! I'm sure that's not cheap! Not that any of this is cheap to begin with! I got the dot mounted tonight on a rail section. I'm going to try to find the correct rail for the 1301 comp but so far the only place that has it that I've found is Beretta Europe so getting it here is a bit difficult. Until that happens I think the one I've got set up now will be perfectly functional until that happens. It did require a bit of modification to the rail section but I haven't done anything to the receiver so switching the rail sections will be simple. At this point I still need to get to the range and set a zero on the dot. just going off of the front sight I'd say I'm high and right but I'll get that sorted out soon. 

5 hours ago, stumpyv8 said:

Try here - part 138.

https://www.omps2.it/en/firearm-spare-parts/beretta-spare-parts/semiautomatics/1301-tactical.html?limit=all

Not sure if they'll ship to the US, gotta be worth asking though.

Item 138 on the linked schematic is for the 1301 Tactical and is the 2 screw Weaver rail (p/n C5F154) that does not align with the 1301 Comp screw holes.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/C5F154

The part number for the Picatinny rail for the 1301 Comp is E5D864.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-picatinny-rail-for-1301-tx4/e5d864/

With the help of a friend traveling in the UK right now I was able to get one ordered from Beretta Europe and he's bringing it home in his suitcase when it shows up over there. It is the E5D864 rail. Right now I've got the dot mounted on the C5F154 1301 Tactical rail on the gun. I basically just drilled a new hole in the tactical rail so that 2 holes line up with the 1301 comp receiver. It's functional for now. Given what Beretta charges for the correct rail in Europe I'm going to be very disappointed if it's not at least gold plated when it shows up! Somebody really needs to start making an aftermarket version of that rail! 

8 hours ago, iride said:

With the help of a friend traveling in the UK right now I was able to get one ordered from Beretta Europe and he's bringing it home in his suitcase when it shows up over there. It is the E5D864 rail. Right now I've got the dot mounted on the C5F154 1301 Tactical rail on the gun. I basically just drilled a new hole in the tactical rail so that 2 holes line up with the 1301 comp receiver. It's functional for now. Given what Beretta charges for the correct rail in Europe I'm going to be very disappointed if it's not at least gold plated when it shows up! Somebody really needs to start making an aftermarket version of that rail! 

As far as i know, its plastic. I have one. Its quite rigid and seem well made. I read somewhere that it polymer. Thought it was not true. But by its weight and appearance think its really is. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, BoyGlock said:

As far as i know, its plastic. I have one. Its quite rigid and seem well made. I read somewhere that it polymer. Thought it was not true. But by its weight and appearance think its really is. 

For $100 it ought to be better than plastic! The shorter rail for the tactical is definitely aluminum.

• 4 weeks later...