Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 fire controls

Dane460

Looks like I'm an oddball but I have had good success with the Brazos Pro Series. Albeit they needed some polishing up, but I'm breaking at sub-2# on the trigger. 

With that said I did recently did order the Infinity group to give it try. 

I use extreme engineering sear and Koenig hammer at 1 3/4 pounds. I average 30k before needing to replace the sear. Hammer usually double that. 

I have found i can I can get another 10-12k out of my sear if I go up to 2 1/4 pounds. 

Thanks for sharing this info, are these fire controls drop in?  I am looking for something that would not require any adjustment to the engagement angles.
In all thinkgs 19/2011 "drop in" really is not a thing.
On most of the triggers here the angles will be correct but how they actually fit together in your frame is what matters.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, mach1soldier said:

I use extreme engineering sear and Koenig hammer at 1 3/4 pounds. I average 30k before needing to replace the sear. Hammer usually double that. 

I have found i can I can get another 10-12k out of my sear if I go up to 2 1/4 pounds. 

I use the same sear. How can you tell when it needs replacing? Hammer follow? 

11 hours ago, Nic_USPSA_C said:

Thanks for sharing this info, are these fire controls drop in?  I am looking for something that would not require any adjustment to the engagement angles.

I know several people who have dropped in the brazos kit and with a little or no sear spring adjustment been ready to go. YMMV

1 hour ago, Nic_USPSA_C said:

I am okay with fitting the parts, don’t want to mess with the hammer and sear angles.

If the hole locations in the frame are off even slightly, you will have to address the angles.  Adjusting the hammer hooks to the sear nose is the easiest way.  I have two JEM Guns frames where the holes were perfect.  Everything dropped in and no adjustment was required.  On an STI frame I had to adjust the angle of the hooks very slightly.

SV Infinity, EGW, or Harrison.  IMO high and consistent quality parts.  SV Infinity have more interesting designs like the SHPD shaped hammer and the cool SV logo cut.  Harrison has the classic and retro hammers.  EGW has the oval commanders and lightened hammers.  I pick based on the type of 1911 or 2011 build I am doing.  I have used Extreme Engineering and their parts are good too.  Hope this helps

I used the Brazo's kit in my open gun with ck arms frame and didnt have to make anh modifications. I'm about to start a new irons gun and will be going with the same kit or with a Harrisons kit. Haven't decided which yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ezra650 said:

I use the same sear. How can you tell when it needs replacing? Hammer follow? 

I know several people who have dropped in the brazos kit and with a little or no sear spring adjustment been ready to go. YMMV

The sear will start showing grooves or bumps were it rides on the hammer. Usually the first indication is hammer follow.