Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dents in all my mags

Bravo_Victor

I noticed today i had a strange dent on all my mags, some worse than others. They are MBX 2011 mags. So far no feeding or reliability issues but i noticed it while loaded at a match. I took the slide off the gun and it doesnt appear to be contacting anything. Looked at the slide, barrel and feed ramp and there doesnt appear to be any obvious spots it was hitting. Did a search and didnt find anything. Take a look and let me know what you think. FYI: this mag below is the worst of them all. Either way ill just end up deburring it. 

Cd3kjZT.jpg

Happens on my gun too. Bottom of the Barrel feedramp. It’s caused damage to my mags and barrel as well from the mags. I keep saying I’m going to relieve the mags but haven’t got around to it. Barrel has a nice gouge at the bottom right side. I don’t like it but have lived with it. 

They are MBX 10 round mags. Whats interesting is i dont see any damage at all on my standard capacity mags or my big sticks and i use those just as often. The 10 rounders have a different follower and the top end seems to be shaped a little differently than standard mags. 

Here is a pic of where it looks to be hitting:

Hf3w6cr.jpg

and here is the barrel. Doesnt really have an significant damage other than a scuff mark. Should i be worried? 

D39A0pt.jpg

5 minutes ago, sstephns said:

Take a dremel to it. KKM barrels don't play nice with MBX mags. I run all MBX with my CKs which have KKM barrels. Reshape the front, it'll be fine. 

Already did, worked out just fine. Thanks everyone for the advice