Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issues installing Holosun HS507C + Springer Precision plate on P320 X5

atek3

I installed the Holosun HS507C and Springer Precision plate on my P320 X5, everything is tight. However when I look carefully I can see an awful lot of light between the slide and mounting plate. I don't like that at all. Do I need to relieve material from the plate with a file until it installs with no light visible? Makes little sense to me as it installed well ( i.e. tightly) without filing. Ideas?

(Like an idiot I didn't think thru the added height of the plate before I bought the Holosun, thinking about going with a Romeo One to shave a few millimeters off the height :( )

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, atek3 said:

Do I need to relieve material from the plate with a file until it installs with no light visible? Makes little sense to me as it installed well ( i.e. tightly) without filing. Ideas?

1, if it installed tight to the slide originally , my thought is your screws are to long and pushing the plate up.

IF that's not the problem

2. then read the part on Springers website that tells about where to file the plate so it fits and there is always manufacturing tolerances in both parts.

3. if those two don't work, I have no clue!!! Good Fortune!

Hello: I have the Springer plate with my Holosun 507C and it fits great. The dot is amost at the same height as the Romeo 1 was. The plate I used did not need any filing to fit and just slide right in from the side. I really like this setup more than the Romeo 1 6MOA. Thanks, Eric

IMG_2552.jpg

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

1, if it installed tight to the slide originally , my thought is your screws are to long and pushing the plate up.

IF that's not the problem

2. then read the part on Springers website that tells about where to file the plate so it fits and there is always manufacturing tolerances in both parts.

3. if those two don't work, I have no clue!!! Good Fortune!

Bingo. Screws too long

• 1 month later...

Hello: So far it has held up very well. I only have about 1000 rounds through it so far since I have been busy. It has not turned off like my Romeo 1 did during a match only to work again after I removed and put the battery back in. Once was enough for me on the Romeo 1 6 moa so it sits on a PCC now. Holosun have a less expensive 507C type red dot now that I may try next on a open pistol. I have been impressed with the Holosun 507 and 510's. Thanks, Eric

25 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: So far it has held up very well. I only have about 1000 rounds through it so far since I have been busy. It has not turned off like my Romeo 1 did during a match only to work again after I removed and put the battery back in. Once was enough for me on the Romeo 1 6 moa so it sits on a PCC now. Holosun have a less expensive 507C type red dot now that I may try next on a open pistol. I have been impressed with the Holosun 507 and 510's. Thanks, Eric

Cool, thanks for the info. Yea I’ve had poor luck with 3 different Romeos so I’m done with them as well. I know the window is a little larger and clearer on the Romeo than the 507c but what good is that if the damn things don’t work! I think the less expensive Holosun you mentioned is the 407c. That is supposed to be the same optic as the 507c but with only the dot reticle for $70 cheaper. My 507c comes in tomorrow so I look forward to giving it a go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Holosun customer support is excellent. Have  a 510c I could not get zeroed, sent it in and had a brand new in 10 days. Come to find out it was the way I had it mounted was the problem. Fixed my issue and works great now.

Edited by Slide4949