Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Resource for Dillon XL650 Cover (besides Dillon)?

There was one guy making them on Etsy but his shop appears to be shut down due to some health-related issues. I heard the Dillon covers don't cover everything and its really tight if you have some of the accessories. Would I be better off buying the 1050 cover even though I don't own a bullet feeder?

Anyone have a good contact? I guess I could use an old bedsheet. Mine is in my basement where I have a woodworking shop so I'd like to keep as much of the dust off if possible.

My current situation is awkward at best... lol.

IMG_5821.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Dillon 650 cover. Nothing like a big blue bag of Dillon goodness! :bow: Only problem is that it stands out and I don't really want neighbors seeing it. If you're worried about size just run it through Dillon. Their website has a chat box that has people ready to respond during work hours. They're always helpful. I was down at the shop the other day when I bought the cover and the clerk guy said the 650 cover would work with the casefeeder too.

21 hours ago, G-rant said:

Their website has a chat box that has people ready to respond during work hours.

I actually chatted with them not long after posting this. They said it would cover most of it. Based on what they told me I feel like the Dillon 650 cover would be about the same as my 366 cover I have on it now - stopping just short of the bullet tray and not covering it. Is that what yours does?

On 6/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, 1911FL said:

I used a plain dome grill cover I bought at Home Depot for my 550 and 650

That grill cover seems like its worth a shot. Hah! Good find!

Yeah it fits just fine even over the bottom of the ram arms! A little snug but it does cover the whole thing except for some of the ultramount [emoji3] I'll get a picture of it all the way on tomorrow for you!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

On 6/26/2019 at 3:58 AM, G-rant said:

I'll get a picture of it all the way on tomorrow for you!

That's awesome. Look forward to seeing it. I'm using the strong mount so I assume the ultra mount is similar in height/size.

4 minutes ago, Helios said:

Have you seen “Tailored Reloading Press Covers” on Facebook? I have no affiliation with them but they look nice. 

Initial impression is these look great. I had not heard about them before so thank you for sharing. I need to dig a little deeper and see what kind of material they are. Would like it to be as light as possible similar to a parachute.

Here ya go, pictures from two angles! Pardon the mess! Fits over most of it, but doesn't zip down the whole way.

I have the swing out double bullet tray thing from inline and that doesn't make it under the cover. This is just the standard 650 cover with the auto casefeeder. f2b779653159c2a4db57169e2a7c0b9b.jpg4ca7a06b1f7de824db3ad575b649c1c8.jpg

On 6/29/2019 at 2:51 PM, G-rant said:

I have Inline Fabrication's roller handle!

Awesome.

Thanks for the pics & info.

I''ll be using the same Ultramount, press, IF handle, case feeder and cover..............as soon as I get the time to set it all up.

Enjoy!! Glad I could help. I'm also just getting started and it's nice to have so much info on even small stuff like covers! Have fun reloading!

On 7/2/2019 at 5:37 AM, G-rant said:

Enjoy!! Glad I could help. I'm also just getting started and it's nice to have so much info on even small stuff like covers! Have fun reloading!

Awesome.

I think I may have the same swing-out bullet tray holder from IF, too.   I wasn't sure how it'd work with the cover until I saw your pic.

One of these days I'll get my stuff setup, lol.   Hoping to have a few hours this afternoon....and get a good start, at least.

19 hours ago, verla said:

no condensation- presses are located in my insulated garage which is attached to the house in IN

Very fortunate.  

I wanted to put mine in the garage, but the ambient humidity is simply too high.   It would have been a miserable affair sweating away while using equipment that was rusting.

One of things I won't miss if I move away from this area.

I have an electric heater for the winter, which keeps the place toasty, and a large fan in the summer directed at me while loading- keeping me cool. I am fortunate for my set up in the garage.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:57 AM, verla said:

no condensation- presses are located in my insulated garage which is attached to the house in IN

I live in northern KY, right below Cincinnati and my current garage would be a miserable place to reload.

Now if I ever get that climate controlled pole barn I'll move everything out to it. 😝

I bought an $11 smoker cover from Home Depot and a $7 adhesive zipper to make doorways in plastic wrap/diy spray booths, it’s at home depot too. Taped the zipper to the bbq cover, opened the zipper and cut down the middle and done, made my own cover. 

394FB6CA-FBAB-4178-90E0-C796C3889CE5.jpeg

You guys are lucky... Here in Arizona its monsoon season. So its about 100-110 and humid. My press is in the garage. I must look like baking turkey when im reloading..

22 hours ago, G-rant said:

You guys are lucky... Here in Arizona its monsoon season. So its about 100-110 and humid. My press is in the garage. I must look like baking turkey when im reloading..

Dangitman......I'll quit my whining right about now, lol.

100-110 with high humidity.......no thanks.

I don't know which I rather avoid....the heat & humidity........or the snow & ice that other parts of the country get.  

I should be grateful for the weather here.