Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Ozy

cmoe rts2 or kahles helia??

Recommended Posts

 I like the rts2 but  I keep hearing that the khales helia is the best bang for the buck for open  dots. what say you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after a little research, based on the shape of it I would assume the Helia is made in the same factory as the Romeo 3 and RTS2 dots. Seeing as I have not seen anyone shooting a helia yet anywhere I would advise to get either a V4 RTS2 or one of the new R3 models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cmore has V5 boards out now.  And I was told the Helia is in fact an RTS2 made in the same factory in China.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When you are faced with getting a "Ghost Shift" Chinese knockoff of a US Branded item at a discount it really comes down to a moral or ethical decision. Do you want to save a few bucks on an item and guarantee a loss of sale to the US Brand? Or do you want to pay a little more to support the US Brands that show a vested interest in supporting the practical shooting sports.

 

C-More and SIG invest a lot of money into sponsoring practical shooting events. Most of the major matches couldn't produce the high level of match they do without sponsorship from companies that are dedicated to supporting the practical shooting sports.

 

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather spend a little more on products from companies that support the practical shooting sports. Does this increase my shooting expenses a little bit? Absolutely. But I would rather spend a little extra money on things knowing that my hard earned cash is going to businesses that have the same vested interest in the practical shooting sports as I do. 

Edited by CHA-LEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Cmore has V5 boards out now.  And I was told the Helia is in fact an RTS2 made in the same factory in China.  

 

 

What are the differences between v4 and v5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a v5 and it now has auto sleep after 3min and full auto off after 3hrs.  The problem is the sleep mode it way to sensitive.  If it thinks you are going to move it turns back on😅

Edited by echotango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Cmore has V5 boards out now.  And I was told the Helia is in fact an RTS2 made in the same factory in China.  

 

 

According to this, they're made in Japan:

 

 

12 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

When you are faced with getting a "Ghost Shift" Chinese knockoff of a US Branded item at a discount it really comes down to a moral or ethical decision. Do you want to save a few bucks on an item and guarantee a loss of sale to the US Brand? Or do you want to pay a little more to support the US Brands that show a vested interest in supporting the practical shooting sports.

 

C-More and SIG invest a lot of money into sponsoring practical shooting events. Most of the major matches couldn't produce the high level of match they do without sponsorship from companies that are dedicated to supporting the practical shooting sports.

 

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather spend a little more on products from companies that support the practical shooting sports. Does this increase my shooting expenses a little bit? Absolutely. But I would rather spend a little extra money on things knowing that my hard earned cash is going to businesses that have the same vested interest in the practical shooting sports as I do. 

 

I completely agree, though Kahles is an Austrian company and I believe they sponsor some two gun events in the states...maybe others, I'm not sure.

Edited by clw42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

When you are faced with getting a "Ghost Shift" Chinese knockoff of a US Branded item at a discount it really comes down to a moral or ethical decision. Do you want to save a few bucks on an item and guarantee a loss of sale to the US Brand? Or do you want to pay a little more to support the US Brands that show a vested interest in supporting the practical shooting sports.

 

C-More and SIG invest a lot of money into sponsoring practical shooting events. Most of the major matches couldn't produce the high level of match they do without sponsorship from companies that are dedicated to supporting the practical shooting sports.

 

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather spend a little more on products from companies that support the practical shooting sports. Does this increase my shooting expenses a little bit? Absolutely. But I would rather spend a little extra money on things knowing that my hard earned cash is going to businesses that have the same vested interest in the practical shooting sports as I do. 

Both are comparable price wise....  overall I agree with you on account of supporting a us based company. That aside, just asking pound for pound which is a better red dot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, echotango said:

I have a v5 and it now has auto sleep after 3min and full auto off after 3hrs.  The problem is the sleep mode it way to sensitive.  If it thinks you are going to move it turns back on😅

 

Haha yea I have a holosun with the auto on/off and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it off, never changed the batteries but by the time I open the safe the dot is already on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ozy said:

Both are comparable price wise....  overall I agree with you on account of supporting a us based company. That aside, just asking pound for pound which is a better red dot.

Don’t have either, but by checking stats on both, appears the Kahles is only available with a 2moa dot. Might be too small for what we do. I know it would be for my eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Cmore has V5 boards out now.  And I was told the Helia is in fact an RTS2 made in the same factory in China.  

 

Interesting. Do you think the V5 boards were designed to better hold up to major PF? My V4 is going and going so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Posvar said:

Interesting. Do you think the V5 boards were designed to better hold up to major PF? My V4 is going and going so far. 

I killed 2 last month.  The v5 I got back has the auto sleep after 3 min and auto off after 3 hrs.  Not sure of any other differences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 10:16 PM, Th3Un4givin said:

 

Haha yea I have a holosun with the auto on/off and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it off, never changed the batteries but by the time I open the safe the dot is already on. 

I've tested this a bunch.  I had my PCC sitting on my treadmill so I could see the dot from my couch.  After I saw it turn off I got up to go smack the gun to watch it turn on, but as soon as I put my palm on the treadmill it turned on.   All 6 of the various Holosun sights I have are this sensitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...