Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Racer X holster by DDA

Badluck2

So I had a hard time bring myself to buying a DAA Alpha X holster. You know...... there........ expensive ! But 2 weeks ago I saw the new racer X holster and felt that it was in my price range for sure. So i got one. Been using it for a week now and I LOVE IT ! Get holster. Easy to set up. And the draws are smooth. If you cant afford the alpha x diffidently get the Racer X. Totally worth the money!!🤑

They sell the gun specific body separately too.  So still some modularity but at a higher cost to switch.

I like it... if I didn’t already have the alpha x then I would have given this a serious look.

• 4 months later...

I just picked one up since I grabbed the Nitro Fin 2 and kydex is not an option anymore.  Well constructed and rigid.  Easy to adjust.  I had to spray a bit of silicone in the channel as the locking mechanism was a bit tight.  Now she moves freely.  This is my first race holster and practice will be needed.  I have a holster being made by Red Hill Tac but that will be a month.  So ill at least have both types. 

3 hours ago, steveac1 said:

I just picked one up since I grabbed the Nitro Fin 2 and kydex is not an option anymore.  Well constructed and rigid.  Easy to adjust.  I had to spray a bit of silicone in the channel as the locking mechanism was a bit tight.  Now she moves freely.  This is my first race holster and practice will be needed.  I have a holster being made by Red Hill Tac but that will be a month.  So ill at least have both types. 

When locked does it hold the gun securely? Also how secure with the lock off?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, The Donald said:

When locked does it hold the gun securely? Also how secure with the lock off?

I've practiced with it quite a bit and shot one match, love it. It will not fall out with the lock off.  It feels very secure.  Now, that being said, you are standing still waiting for the "beep".  If I was at a sitting start, I have the finger lock down and hit it on the way up with draw stroke.  

Edited by steveac1

4 hours ago, steveac1 said:

I've practiced with it quite a bit and shot one match, love it. It will not fall out with the lock off.  It feels very secure.  Now, that being said, you are standing still waiting for the "beep".  If I was at a sitting start, I have the finger lock down and hit it on the way up with draw stroke.  

Thanks, I'm going to find one to look at!