Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
AWLAZS

pal motor replacement

My pal has stopped working it appears the motor has died. Has anyone sourced out a replacement? Its a sad day on the reloading bench.

Mine came with a spare motor, but I have one of the last made.

I believe you can get a replacement motor on amazon.  Take it out and check the specs. 

The motor has zero markings on it.

I have a spare. When I get home Sunday night I’ll see if the package is labeled

Mine did the same.  I just flattened a bit on a Dremel engraver, set it on low, and press it against the filler tube.  Works great, and I dont have to worry about batteries. 

I have never used batteries.  I converted to AC the day I got it. 

Hi:

I secured four or five motors from Amazon five or six years ago - sold in a lot of five I believe - search for small d.c. toy motors and select one with a 3 volt rating and the same physical dimensions. The key is affixing the off-set weight to provide vibration. I used red Loctite since if the motor died I could use high heat to remove the weight and then reuse it.

As I recall they were very inexpensive - approximately $2.00 each - and they work - would have preferred higher quality motor but was not able to locate any.

Some motors last a long time - some have their bearings go fairly quickly - the luck of the draw.

In addition I converted all of my Pal Primer fillers to line operated power supply's to ensure constant 3 volt d.c. to the motor - performance does not fall off as the batteries voltage decreases - search Amazon for electronic board that will do this for you - I purchased some with digital read out of the adjusted voltage for approximately $12 each - five years ago.

The Pal Primer fillers are the best thing since sliced cheese - too bad they re no longer available.

Grandpoobah in Arizona

Thanks for the headsup on the motors,  I still have my spare one, and I found the video on YouTube of how he swaps it. But the original motor might be starting to go.  Might as well stock up.  Love my Pal-Filler.  So glad I got it when I did.

@Grandpoobah  is the weight just pulled off of the old one?

On 7/3/2019 at 2:20 PM, alexcue said:

Thanks for the headsup on the motors,  I still have my spare one, and I found the video on YouTube of how he swaps it. But the original motor might be starting to go.  Might as well stock up.  Love my Pal-Filler.  So glad I got it when I did.

@Grandpoobah  is the weight just pulled off of the old one?

The weight is pressed on. I payed it off easily.

Mike

Guy is on fb. I’d message him an ask for replacement 

I was able to contact him and he pointed me in the right direction.