Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Scale

I'm interested in this as well. I've been using my D-Terminator scale since ~2002, it still works well and I really like it, but am always interested in improvements if there are any to be had. 

12 minutes ago, Yondering said:

I'm interested in this as well. I've been using my D-Terminator scale since ~2002, it still works well and I really like it, but am always interested in improvements if there are any to be had. 

Yondering,

I believe I bough my scale back in 2001.

My concern is that from the photos, the new one looks cheap and not as well made as the earlier versions.

6 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Thinking of upgrading my old D-Terminator scale for the new one. 

Is it worth the money?

Any other recommendations on what to get or what to stay away from?

I just upgraded to a Gempro 300....very happy with the overall performance and quality.

I've got an older one as well, two or three models back.  It still works fine, but sometimes it will bounce around a bit longer if I have a/c running or my hepa filter running in the room, it's very sensitive to air movement - I guess they all are, but not sure if newer models are an improvement on this?

6 hours ago, 78Staff said:

I've got an older one as well, two or three models back.  It still works fine, but sometimes it will bounce around a bit longer if I have a/c running or my hepa filter running in the room, it's very sensitive to air movement - I guess they all are, but not sure if newer models are an improvement on this?

Staff,

I noticed that my older scale is bouncing way more than before. It annoys the crap out of me, as such it needs to go.

I see you are from Jax.  How are the USPSA clubs doing over there?  SEPSA, SAPSA, Ancient City?

20 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Thinking of upgrading my old D-Terminator scale for the new one. 

Is it worth the money?

Any other recommendations on what to get or what to stay away from?

18 hours ago, Yondering said:

Is the scale no longer working properly? Mine is only around 10 years old and still works like new. I can’t imagine changing a scale unless it no longer works.

Mine is well over 15 y.o. and runs fine. Get some calibration weights from Brownells and see if it is still accurate. Might save you some bucks and it's always a good idea to check the calibration anyway.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:30 PM, Service Desk said:

I just upgraded to a Gempro 300....very happy with the overall performance and quality.

Any feedback as far as comparing the 300 to the older model 250?

If you're reloading for competition pistol shooting (IDPA, USPSA, etc),

you don't need much from a scale ...

You're using a reloader that throws a volumetric measurement of

powder, and the difference between 4.10 gr and 4.20 gr doesn't mean much).

Now, if you're reloading for precision shooting, Never Mind ….   :) 

1 hour ago, ddc said:

According to Old Will Knott Scales, My Weigh has discontinued the entire GemPro line...........

Sad to hear this............

7 hours ago, ddc said:

The scale settles a bit faster and the display is easier to read... It is physically bigger and has a tiny plastic weigh pan that is all but useless. Definately more accurate than my old Dillon scales in terms of drift and repeatability. I am happy with the Gempro 300.

9 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

According to Old Will Knott Scales, My Weigh has discontinued the entire GemPro line...........

Sad to hear this............

That's too bad. I'm tempted to pick one up in case my 250 craps out at some point.

I'm pretty sure that if I pick one up then my 250 will last forever. If I don't it will probably die about the time all the back stock has been sold.

GemPro is garbage.  A scale to measure what a Dillon is throwing, any cheap scale will work, so keep what you got, precision rifle is a whole different game, to the kernel is a gotta have for long range consistency, I use a Gen 2 Prometheus for my bolt guns.

A Gen 2 Prometheus  on lease costs more than more than my Super 1050 and RL1050 did ! Their website says $5100 to own outright...all I needed was a set of scales to replace a 30 year old Dillon not a second mortgage. I am happy with my "garbage". 😎