Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker

Hiroshi

Does anybody here in the forum know where I can purchase a “Extended Striker Firing Pin” or what ever it’s called, to be honest I don’t know if they even makes it, I’ve been searching and I can’t find it anywhere.

IMG_5194.jpg

Why do you feel the need for an extended tip on the striker?  Been having failure to fire issues?

One thing that was suggested to me a few years back when my M&P 9MM 1.0 was having those issues was to buy/install a Glock striker spring.  They were said to be stronger springs and would result in the striker hitting the primer harder.  They installed with no issue.  Didn't fix mine as I had two other issues but I left the glock striker spring in mine even after I got it fixed.

Not sure whether a stronger striker spring would up the trigger pull force required or not.

Why do you feel the need for an extended tip on the striker?  Been having failure to fire issues?

One thing that was suggested to me a few years back when my M&P 9MM 1.0 was having those issues was to buy/install a Glock striker spring.  They were said to be stronger springs and would result in the striker hitting the primer harder.  They installed with no issue.  Didn't fix mine as I had two other issues but I left the glock striker spring in mine even after I got it fixed.

Not sure whether a stronger striker spring would up the trigger pull force required or not.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try, what weight do you recommend?

I don't remember, now, what I ordered or where I got it.

I just looked at the Wolf Spring Co. web site.  They say the factory M&P 9/40 striker spring is 4.5 lbs. and the factory Glock is 5.0 lbs.  They offer higher power springs for Glock pistols (up to 6.0 lbs.) but not for the M&P.  They only offer lighter striker springs for the M&Ps.

They also say the lighter springs reduce trigger pull.  I'd guess that the heavier springs may increase trigger pull some.

https://www.gunsprings.com/GLOCK ®/cID1/mID5/dID116#131

Also running Glock striker springs, no noticeable increase in trigger pull weight, probably because in the M&P the trigger pull only rotates the sear, does not push striker back compressing striker spring, unlike the Glock system, which does further compress striker spring.

Wolf 5.5 or 6lb Glock striker springs usually available from Brownells, or Wolff directly.

Edited by mpom
Added info

• 1 month later...

I also ran glock striker springs on my apex'd M&P 2.0.  No tangible difference in trigger pull, like others have mentioned.  Never had another light strike for the duration of ownership.  I have an extra strength one that I bought from NDZ.  It is the same as the one I put in mine.  Shoot me a message and I will send it along so that you don't have to pay $8 shipping on a $3 order with the weight of a paperclip.