Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This may sound stupid but...

Falloutboy89

Dump rounds into big 30cal or 50 cal ammo box. 

When match time comes, I'll case gage what I need and place into the 100rnd boxes. If its a local match, case gage (maybe, probably not) and dump them into whatever empty amazon box I have lying around. 

I use the 100 rd plastic boxes too.  The only ammo in the boxes are ones that have been through the hundo.  If ammo is in other ammo cans, boxes then I know they have not been checked. I shoot production so the rows of "10" make it easy to load and talk to people.

• 5 months later...

Pistol ammo goes into zip lock bags for smaller batches.  And shorter duration.  Over time, zip lock bags go bad and split.  BT, DT, picked up the rounds off the floor.

Ammo can for larger batches.  Or directly into the Dillon Border Shift bag for use.

Precision rifle rounds go into 50 or 100 round plastic boxes.

5.56 goes into ammo cans or into stripper clips in bandoliers in ammo cans.

34 minutes ago, RePete said:

The downside of this is, if the cans are full, you will drop an ovary trying to pick it up.

I did look at that but decided against it.

My ovaries are secure. :) I never pick them up up just slide them forward on my shelving open em up and scoop into bags.

I use 6 qt hefty bins on my press and when they are about half full I take them to the 50 cal boxes and dump them.

For 9mm I have a good stash of factory boxes to store reloads. I just put a tape label on the box so I know what's in it.  Boxes go into an ammo can for storage.  .223 plinking/general purpose ammo goes straight into a .30 Cal ammo can.  

ETA: I doubt there are too many other FOB fans here, glad I'm not totally alone. 

Edited by Eric802