Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ffgats

Amend2 mags for JP GMR15?

Recommended Posts

any feedback and experience with the Amend2 for use with GMR15. any reliability issues? thanks

Share this post


Link to post

I do not have any experience with that brand, but will comment that for Glock lowers, Glock mags are the way to go.  I've tried various aftermarket mags, and nothing beats just a plain old Glock mag for reliability and durability.  Not worth saving a few $$ IMO.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

i have a couple of glock mags, but they seems always out of stock here up north

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ffgats said:

i have a couple of glock mags, but they seems always out of stock here up north

Just keep adding them to your cart as you order things online. There's a couple places with them in stock right now. Heck even JP has them in stock and you can order base pads as well. 

I'll second longbeard's advice. Stick with GLOCK-brand-GLOCK mags for your GMR. Everyone talks about reliability of the JP but we often neglect to mention the GLOCK mags as a significant contribution to the overall reliability of the platform. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, longbeard said:

I do not have any experience with that brand, but will comment that for Glock lowers, Glock mags are the way to go.  I've tried various aftermarket mags, and nothing beats just a plain old Glock mag for reliability and durability.  Not worth saving a few $$ IMO.

 

 

 

+1, I've had issues with ETS mags, especially putting base pad extensions on them. I have them as my back up, back up mag

Share this post


Link to post

Issues I have seen are with ETS & Magpul mags. We run Glock mags exclusively. Worse case I have seen is around the top edges gets beat up and I just take some steel wool and clean/smooth them if the start to stick a bit. Depending on how much you shoot change the mag springs once a year or so. 

 

gerritm

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

lots of 10 rounders here, but remembered JP recommends the standard 17 rounds  for reliability, more something like the different follower design of the 10 rounds. although the 17 rounds are prohibited here unless pinned to 10 which is legal. and find the 10 rounders is a pain to load on close bolt.

Edited by ffgats
more info

Share this post


Link to post

Amen, use Glock factory mags for the best reliability.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, ffgats said:

lots of 10 rounders here, but remembered JP recommends the standard 17 rounds  for reliability, more something like the different follower design of the 10 rounds. although the 17 rounds are prohibited here unless pinned to 10 which is legal. and find the 10 rounders is a pain to load on close bolt.

I believe JP recommends the 17-rounders because the have had problems with the factory 10-round  G17 mags.  My GMR-15 came with a G26 10-round mag which is a purpose built 10-rounder, not a modified 17-round.  I have had absolutely no problems with it or the 10-round G26 mags made by ETS.

Edited by SteelCityShooter

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...