Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Amend2 mags for JP GMR15?

I do not have any experience with that brand, but will comment that for Glock lowers, Glock mags are the way to go.  I've tried various aftermarket mags, and nothing beats just a plain old Glock mag for reliability and durability.  Not worth saving a few $$ IMO.

1 hour ago, ffgats said:

i have a couple of glock mags, but they seems always out of stock here up north

Just keep adding them to your cart as you order things online. There's a couple places with them in stock right now. Heck even JP has them in stock and you can order base pads as well. 

I'll second longbeard's advice. Stick with GLOCK-brand-GLOCK mags for your GMR. Everyone talks about reliability of the JP but we often neglect to mention the GLOCK mags as a significant contribution to the overall reliability of the platform. 

5 hours ago, longbeard said:

I do not have any experience with that brand, but will comment that for Glock lowers, Glock mags are the way to go.  I've tried various aftermarket mags, and nothing beats just a plain old Glock mag for reliability and durability.  Not worth saving a few $$ IMO.

+1, I've had issues with ETS mags, especially putting base pad extensions on them. I have them as my back up, back up mag

Issues I have seen are with ETS & Magpul mags. We run Glock mags exclusively. Worse case I have seen is around the top edges gets beat up and I just take some steel wool and clean/smooth them if the start to stick a bit. Depending on how much you shoot change the mag springs once a year or so. 

gerritm

lots of 10 rounders here, but remembered JP recommends the standard 17 rounds  for reliability, more something like the different follower design of the 10 rounds. although the 17 rounds are prohibited here unless pinned to 10 which is legal. and find the 10 rounders is a pain to load on close bolt.

Edited by ffgats
more info
On 6/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, ffgats said:

lots of 10 rounders here, but remembered JP recommends the standard 17 rounds  for reliability, more something like the different follower design of the 10 rounds. although the 17 rounds are prohibited here unless pinned to 10 which is legal. and find the 10 rounders is a pain to load on close bolt.

I believe JP recommends the 17-rounders because the have had problems with the factory 10-round  G17 mags.  My GMR-15 came with a G26 10-round mag which is a purpose built 10-rounder, not a modified 17-round.  I have had absolutely no problems with it or the 10-round G26 mags made by ETS.

Edited by SteelCityShooter